Opinions on Perezhogin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfansam

Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere dark...?
GregStack said:
Perezhogin is playing on a line he will likely not be on when Zednik returns (if I understand the situation correctly...heck, Zednik might be back already and I wouldn't know...), whereas Steen is on the line he'll be on for the rest of the season, and doing well on it.

I actually think that Zed will replace Dags on the 2nd line when he gets back... the chemistry on the 1st line has been good and I'm not sure that Julien will alter that until either Perez or the line stop producing. Our 2nd line needs help, so I think Zed is the man when he's back. Just my 2 cents.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
habsfansam said:
I actually think that Zed will replace Dags on the 2nd line when he gets back... the chemistry on the 1st line has been good and I'm not sure that Julien will alter that until either Perez or the line stop producing. Our 2nd line needs help, so I think Zed is the man when he's back. Just my 2 cents.

I don't think Perezhogin's style suits either Ryder or Ribeiro's. It looks good on paper but it really isn't.

Mooch

Nov 6, 2003
NC/Toronto/Florida
Jeez, almost forgot i posted this topic last night. Anyways, im glad to hear some opinions on the kid from fans other then Hab fans.

I gota agree with most here though, when you say hes much stronger then expected. That was infact the biggest surprise for me. I really thought he would struggle with the nhl's physical play, but boy has he proven me wrong. Hes speed is also nothing like what i expected. It's funny, because when people often talked about Perezhogin, they never really talked about his speed.

Hes looking great though, and i hope he keeps it up.

Thanks for sharing guys!!

Mooch

Nov 6, 2003
NC/Toronto/Florida
Another thing, he did work hard this summer to put on some more muscle, and maybe that has effected both his speed and ability to play in a physical environment like the nhl. Just some food for discussion! :D

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Perezhogin is a keeper, lots of skills, but mostly has the vision, and knows where to be and when to be there.. sometimes play simple but his simplicity seems spectacular, looks like a star potential. he hasnt find his full potential yet, and it shows, but gotta say the chemistry with kovalev is great.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Mackattack said:
Perezhogin= a poor man's Sergei Federov

Has tremendos speed and skill... and pretty sound on the defensive and physical sides.

I think my predction for 50-60 points for him is right on the money... though at this pace... he's scoring 80 points :propeller .

Funny i've been saying hes a poor mans Federov for awhile...glad someone noticed also.

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Guy Caballero said:
If he could add ten pounds and play with a little more of an edge, he'd be awesome. Hopefully Saku will instil this ethic in him.

I think you're thinking of the Perezhogin from a year ago. This year he's been pretty gritty, and he's already 6'0/205lbs (that's what he weighed in at in training camp, according to LaPresse.)

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hummm. He's good but not THAT good. The kind of guy that would be better off playing on a second line. He's really, really fast, can put outstanding moves against the goalie, owns decent playmaking skills, and surprised me a lot with his grit and strentgh. Yet his game is much better in the 1st period than the 2nd period, and much better in the 2nd than the third. He would do great on an offensive powerhouse, but not so great on an average team offensively. Yet, a guy like him would NEVER, EVER get room on a 1st line with a "powerhouse". And while 1st period goals are important, chances are, 3rd period goals are more important, unless garbage goals. His "defensive" game is average-to-good, and is no cherry picker, but seems to get tired fast, or lacks the drive to elevate his game in the late game.

Final result : I see him as a good top-6 forward, but 1st liner status on a better-than-average team offensively is nothing sure. I see him as a safety gap if Kostistyn busts or never becomes the wonder he's supposed to.

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
MXD said:
Yet his game is much better in the 1st period than the 2nd period, and much better in the 2nd than the third.

Someone on CJAD said last night that one of the habs (im about 95% sure its Pez) is struggling with an illness right now. They said he could play ok for the first 2 periods but by the third he was drained. I think its been that way since the Flyers game when pez got rested during the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->