Opinions on Martin Samuelsson and Vladimir Evseev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on these two players. I have heard that the B's are very high on Evseev and want to bring him over next year. I know he was talked about as a possible #1 pick prior to his draft year but fall big time, so clearly he has the skills.

With Samuelsson I heard that the problem is hands. Much like Koltsov in Pittsburgh. He has good speed, strong overall game but no finish which will limit him to a 2nd liner at most.

I'm being offered one of them along with a 2nd round pick for Martin Gerber, that's why I'm curious. I don't know a whole lot about the two of them aside from what I read and hear.

The Boot

Feb 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
From the little that i have seen of Evseev (mainly when the Russians came to play against the CHL teams) he did seem to be one of the better players out on the ice for the Russian squad. I don't recall what his defensive game was like but he was one of the few Russian players out there that was creating chances in the offensive zone. His speed looked good, he carried the puck well and didn't seem to have any hesitation to go into traffic areas (although he wasn't a physical force out there). I would say he was the best russian forward in those couple of games whatever that is worth (considering the lack of talent russia sent over).

pei_bruins

Sep 1, 2003
Summerside, PEI
Visit site
Both of them have the potential to be solid NHL'ers, but in vastly different roles. Evseev is a scorer, he'll be given a chance to crack Boston's top six next season if he comes over. I could see him being quite productive with any of Boston's other top six forwards. The only time I've seen him play was the re/max challenge as well, but he did show some offensive flair when he had the chance.

Samuelsson is a different story. When he was up with the Bruins earlier this year, he was probably the second fastest player on the team. He can also throw the body quite well, and like most young swedes, is positionally sound. But as was mentioned, he doesn't have the greatest hands. He did score some goals in the AHL last year, but I don't think he'll score a lot at the NHL level. Samuelsson will most likely find a home on Boston's third line with PJ Axelsson in the next couple of years.

To sum up, Evseev definitely has the better offesive potential. I haven't seen enough of him to compare him to anybody currently in the NHL, but from what I've heard he's got 70 point per year potential. Samuelsson, on the other hand, is most likely good for 15-20 goals a year, at best. He's basically Axelsson with more speed, more physical, but not quite as positionally sound.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
pei_bruins said:
Both of them have the potential to be solid NHL'ers, but in vastly different roles. Evseev is a scorer, he'll be given a chance to crack Boston's top six next season if he comes over. I could see him being quite productive with any of Boston's other top six forwards. The only time I've seen him play was the re/max challenge as well, but he did show some offensive flair when he had the chance.

Samuelsson is a different story. When he was up with the Bruins earlier this year, he was probably the second fastest player on the team. He can also throw the body quite well, and like most young swedes, is positionally sound. But as was mentioned, he doesn't have the greatest hands. He did score some goals in the AHL last year, but I don't think he'll score a lot at the NHL level. Samuelsson will most likely find a home on Boston's third line with PJ Axelsson in the next couple of years.

To sum up, Evseev definitely has the better offesive potential. I haven't seen enough of him to compare him to anybody currently in the NHL, but from what I've heard he's got 70 point per year potential. Samuelsson, on the other hand, is most likely good for 15-20 goals a year, at best. He's basically Axelsson with more speed, more physical, but not quite as positionally sound.

Heh, I like Evseev, but that's pushing it.

Evseev looks like a decent potential 2nd line forward, 50 points or so. He is good in close to the net, and I like his hands.

Samuelsson is more of a checker probobly. There's a chance he doesn't make the NHL at this rate. Kind of a dissapointment. I wouldn't say he's nearly as good as Axelsson though.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Mizral said:
Heh, I like Evseev, but that's pushing it.

Evseev looks like a decent potential 2nd line forward, 50 points or so. He is good in close to the net, and I like his hands.

Samuelsson is more of a checker probobly. There's a chance he doesn't make the NHL at this rate. Kind of a dissapointment. I wouldn't say he's nearly as good as Axelsson though.

I hope he comes over next year...and can adjust to the ice like Hannu has done!!
It would be so awesome if he turns out like his previous ranking (pre-draft -Top 5 player)

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Vladislav Evseev contributed again for his new team. He set up Popov in the playoff game vs Voronesh 3-0. Vladi now has 1g 2a in the four games he´s played for Podolsk and he seems quite popular from coaches and fans.
Peppe

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
If he's playing for Podolsk, Evseev's in the High League. I think he's played a few games in the Super League though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->