Not open for further replies.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
VanIslander said:
Why bother then?

Scouting is about looking at good play. A goal is sometimes worth LESS than a deking end-to-end surge up the ice with the puck - IF YOU TASK IS TO EVALUATE TALENT.

Malkin impressed more than Ovechkin in the WC. At least for some of us who watched every game. I did a play-by-play of the first game to show exactly how they both impressed, but one more than the other.

I am disappointed that you took the 'cop out' approach. Nothing will convince you. I won't even try anymore.

I don't doubt what I saw in all those WC games and neither does several other guys. Malkin impressed us immensely, even though the scoring stats don't reflect it completely. The guy will be a superstar.

Ovechkin is demonstrating this season in the NHL that he too will be a superstar. Crosby is a superstar.

End of contribution to thread.

G'day.

sorry to hear you are upset about this....that wasnt my intention and just because I dont say "oh...ok, Malkin must have been better because you said he was" I am copping out? Like I said I appreciate the effort and will continue reading, but I also feel like your mind is and was already made up.....you even say so "I don't doubt what I saw in all those WC games"...not sure why you are upset over this....but i cant help that

You still never answered my about what was misleading about Ovechkin's stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad