Post-Game Talk: Opening night @ Florida

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
With two new big names in Semin and JStaal putting in their first appearance alongside Boychuk and Dalpe you expected a few offensive end hiccups and sour notes.

Short term I knew our production might take some time to get going. Long term I knew our D men might provide plenty of opportunities to engage in 5-4 and 4-3 games. We aren't going to be shutting good teams down.

But holy ****ing **** did I misremember or block out how bad Joe Corvo is when thrown into an already weak mix.

I didn't think Ward would necessarily be lights out, but c'mon.

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
I didn't think Ward would necessarily be lights out, but c'mon.

Usual excuses for cam ward:
1 Blame defense
2 cam ward plays better when he plays a lot
3 If he has played a lot, or the season is over half way over, he is just over worked (ignore the previously mentioned idea that he is supposed to play better when he plays a lot)
4 start back to 1

Citizen Cane

Honoring AAC/11th AF
Oct 25, 2006
The OC
I don't know if this was covered in GDT, but Chantel had kind of a series of errors and malfunctions pregame (including her light catching on fire!). I'm gonna cut her some slack and see how she does. That probably flustered her. Not the way she planned on starting her first night I'm sure.

Last edited:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I don't know what's funnier. People starting off creaming their pants over a girl on the tv or people turning around and souring on her. I don't think she's that much of an integral part of the broadcast team to have 50+ posts dedicated to her. :laugh:

Reactions: MinJaBen

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
Chantel doesn't matter (although she's a babe). Let's all talk about how bad the Canes played.

Your job is to lower expectations so that I'm extremely happy when they win a game.

Go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->