GDT: Opening Night: Carolina vs Minnesota, 7pm

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Slightly OT but how long do y'all think "canesfam" is going to be a thing? Easily worse than beep beep and "Mom, are you gonna eat tonight?" combined

It's an all season long, thing. From what I understand this is the marketing angle they're going with family night after there was enough thought that it didn't play well, both in keeping people who generally aren't fond of small children away from games and in restraining who they could market it to. But heck, now they can market to us when "family night" can be defined as me and my wife going on a double date to the game with our best friends or, say, HFCanes Team Trivia night out on the town. Just without @DaveG since he abandoned us.

One thing that I had a tough time adapting to was Lindy *not* wearing 16. There were a few times I saw him out there before he turned his game around and thought "Is Semin back?"

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
But heck, now they can market to us when "family night" can be defined as me and my wife going on a double date to the game with our best friends or, say, HFCanes Team Trivia night out on the town. Just without @DaveG since he abandoned us.

Speaking of which, does anyone know the location of the secret swingers bar in Raleigh? Asking for a friend.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Maybe I just missed the scouting report and this was widely known, but I was pleasantly surprised with Darling's ability playing the puck. I didn't realize he had that dimension to his game; he was effective.
No he came a good bit better then advertised in that regard in the opener, had some nice instances playing it.

Which was an improvement over how he looked in his pre-season outings that I caught in that regard. We'll see what he looks like throughout the season I guess.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Maybe I just missed the scouting report and this was widely known, but I was pleasantly surprised with Darling's ability playing the puck. I didn't realize he had that dimension to his game; he was effective.

Which type of "playing the puck" are you referring to? I think I mentioned previously that it was something I was never impressed by with him, but it could have also been that he just wasn't asked to be as aggressive in Chicago. I was pleasantly surprised in this game.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Which type of "playing the puck" are you referring to? I think I mentioned previously that it was something I was never impressed by with him, but it could have also been that he just wasn't asked to be as aggressive in Chicago. I was pleasantly surprised in this game.

The word on the broadcast was that Darling was underrrated around the league as a puckhandler because the Blackhawks' system basically forbids the goalie from handling the puck. Our coaching staff has had to beg Darling to play the puck because of the way he's been conditioned, but they knew he was good at it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad