Open to debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Now I am no lawyer. I leave the lawyerin' to the lawyers. But the way I see it is these two parties need each other, and when 2 people need each other they have to give a little and take a little. In short I think both have been taking it for a long time...from me and you. And right now they are just trying to figure out a way to get more of it from me and you. An I think those two parties need you an me even more than they need each other.

So when you start discussin' the the business of hockey...make no illusions about what this is all about. It's about taking you an me to the cleaners everytime we want to see a simple hockey game. Hockey players want to keep their multi-million dollar properties in Muskoka, Owners want to sell one more sponsorship deal to coke or pepsi and keep corporate ezecutives at the bar.

Heck I just want to see a half-decent period of hockey on a Saturday night. Maybe a goal or two, a breakaway once in a while, a couple of fellers going at it toe to toe when they come to disagree, and God willin', I just want to see the buds raise the cup once more before I die, and if that costs me a weeks paycheck on any given week then Mr's Bet-man and Goodenough I offer you this simple solution...........get the *&^6#$ back to work like the rest of us saps.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
crump said:
Now I am no lawyer. I leave the lawyerin' to the lawyers. But the way I see it is these two parties need each other, and when 2 people need each other they have to give a little and take a little. In short I think both have been taking it for a long time...from me and you. And right now they are just trying to figure out a way to get more of it from me and you. An I think those two parties need you an me even more than they need each other.

So when you start discussin' the the business of hockey...make no illusions about what this is all about. It's about taking you an me to the cleaners everytime we want to see a simple hockey game. Hockey players want to keep their multi-million dollar properties in Muskoka, Owners want to sell one more sponsorship deal to coke or pepsi and keep corporate ezecutives at the bar.

Heck I just want to see a half-decent period of hockey on a Saturday night. Maybe a goal or two, a breakaway once in a while, a couple of fellers going at it toe to toe when they come to disagree, and God willin', I just want to see the buds raise the cup once more before I die, and if that costs me a weeks paycheck on any given week then Mr's Bet-man and Goodenough I offer you this simple solution...........get the *&^6#$ back to work like the rest of us saps.
Great point, and love that avatar... the bottom line here is no one on either side wants to give in...which makes this a shame for those of us that love hockey!

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The business of hockey is the story now and that should never be.

Owners and players need each other. Labour harmony is possible when both sides are willing to compromise. Everyone involved should be ashamed if an entire season is cancelled.

And if it happens that way then I'll repeat a Groucho Marx line to all sides who brought things to that point...you should bore a hole in yourself and let the sap run out.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Both sides are to stubborn to realize they are killing the game. If they were to step back and look at both proposals they would realize there is a ton of middle ground. Be a little creative, a hard cap and a luxury tax in one. Say a hard cap of 45-50 million dollars, luxury tax starting at 35 million dollars. Is it really that hard? Of course not but once this became a personnel conflict between Goodenow and Bettman we should have known we the fans would be screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->