Ontario Reign 2017/2018

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland

Highlights do a pretty poor job showing just how physical this game was in the first two periods. Bodies were flying everywhere. I thought MacDermid and Devane were going to literally kill someone. It was nice to see MacDermid play with some fire again. He's been pretty passive (for him anyways) since he came back from the Kings. A lot of emotion by the Reign in this game, and with the win they move from 5th to 3rd and back into a playoff spot.

LOL

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Love that display of speed from Wagner on the game tying goal. Smart, heady play as well to cause the turnover.

He was at the top of the defensive zone circles when he got the puck out, and in seconds he was ahead of everyone else and beat the goalie.

He had a very good game last night overall. A lot of the staff was in attendance too. He has quite a ways to go as far as doing a the little things with consistency to make him an NHLer (particularly his passing), but he has some tools with speed of course being something you can't teach.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Looks like the reason "Saucey", AKA the Amazing Beard was called up was due to Lintuniemi suffering a concussion in the game against Cleveland the other night.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Wagner has 4 goals in 5 games, and goals in 3 straight games, how is he looking? seems like at first everyone was excited about his speed but it he wasn't effective (on the scoreboard), is this just a good stretch or is he putting it together?

Reactions: Rekingsfan17

Nickster

Hockey is coming
Sponsor
Nov 5, 2017
Inland Empire
Missed the game tonight. I noticed on the scoresheet 7D and 11F (Devane sat out apparently). Did we roll three lines, double-shift a winger on the fourth line, or did we have a defensemen playing wing?

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Wagner has 4 goals in 5 games, and goals in 3 straight games, how is he looking? seems like at first everyone was excited about his speed but it he wasn't effective (on the scoreboard), is this just a good stretch or is he putting it together?

He's had a couple of really nice goals utilizing his speed, and the last two have been by going to the net. Hensick has bounced pucks off him two consecutive games for goals now. Whatever works. Kings fans will be surprised just how aggressive Wagner is with his physical play, but he has to be smart. He's fortunate he didn't get a boarding call today, and he takes his share of penalties for being overaggressive and it hurts the team. His game has definitely come along in the last month, which is good to see, because he is progressing, whereas Luff is slumping, and trying to do everything himself when he gets the puck on his stick.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Missed the game tonight. I noticed on the scoresheet 7D and 11F (Devane sat out apparently). Did we roll three lines, double-shift a winger on the fourth line, or did we have a defensemen playing wing?

Brodzinski must have played 22+ minutes. He was out there with 3 different lines, so he was double shifting all game. It was actually good for him and the team. He was more involved in the game than any game since being sent back to the AHL this go around, and could have easily had 4 goals tonight if it wasn't for a few nice saves by the Cuda tender. They rolled 7D to ease Saucerman into the line up, since he has not played for Stothers before. I thought he played well. Lintuniemi is out with a concussion. The Reign are 9-1-2 in there last 12 games as they battle for a playoff spot.

Nickster

Hockey is coming
Sponsor
Nov 5, 2017
Inland Empire
On a lighter note, is Wedgewood's nickname, Wedgy or Woody? Congrats on first win as Reign goalie.

Falkovsky had an "A" listed on the scoresheet. If so, congrats to you too.

Last edited:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I don't think Mike Stothers gets enough credit for what he's done with the Reign. Some of his teams over the past several years have been low on talent (especially this year's), but he manages to get things done. He just wins.

I concur. I keep looking at this roster (compared to the last two years) expecting the worst, and yet somehow he still manages to gets results from the players. The reality is if this team just went 3-3 to start the season instead of 0-6, they would be in 1st place right now, which is astonishing. Also, not enough credit goes to how Matt Moulson helped turn around this team. We are no offensive dynamo, that's for sure, but I can't help to think where this team would be without him. And kudos to Maillet and Hensick, who have stepped up their games tremendously since Amadio joined the Kings.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
New favourite prospect.

Like, I couldn't come up with a better name with EA Create a Player myself, between that and the beard he has to be every kids greatest player. Imagine how many jerseys would sell with that on the back. Freaking great.

He's had a couple of really nice goals utilizing his speed, and the last two have been by going to the net. Hensick has bounced pucks off him two consecutive games for goals now. Whatever works. Kings fans will be surprised just how aggressive Wagner is with his physical play, but he has to be smart. He's fortunate he didn't get a boarding call today, and he takes his share of penalties for being overaggressive and it hurts the team. His game has definitely come along in the last month, which is good to see, because he is progressing, whereas Luff is slumping, and trying to do everything himself when he gets the puck on his stick.

Yeah that's something that surprised me in my few Reign games, Wagner is super pissy, and frankly, we're kind of missing guys that aggressive in our org in general. It's that same cockiness and anger that Kempe displays at times but consistently.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Yeah that's something that surprised me in my few Reign games, Wagner is super pissy, and frankly, we're kind of missing guys that aggressive in our org in general. It's that same cockiness and anger that Kempe displays at times but consistently.

Matthew Tkachuk-lite? :) I'd take it all day

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Well, he'll get his chance to impress since his NCAA career is finished. Kings have until August 15th of this year to sign him if they like what they see.
I just dont know how. There are so many defensemen in the org. Some guys are going to have to be let go one way or another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad