Only one player from Quebec on Team Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
yeah, but don't forget the platform BQ ran on is nothing that current BQ resembles.
push for PR was abandoned, BQ pretty much became a typical regional party enjoying all the perks of parliamentary democracy, even getting $ under bill c-24 that allocates tax $ to all federally elected parties

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
well they are a canadian elected party ;)

I do wish to have a team Québec someday. I have nothing against team canada.. heck, it will still continue to be a favorite every year and maybe kick our butts more often than not, but i have no attachment to Team Canada..

Hey, it might happen sooner than most people think ;)

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I'm for Quebec separation, but I'm not frustrated about the amount of Québécois that made the team. They picked the best team according to the players they invited to camp and to the way Sutter wanted to build the team. But talentwise guys like Bourret, Picard (2x), Pouliot, Latendresse, Bourdon and even Roussin would have been as good. The only BIG disapointement that I have is that none of those guys except for Alexandre Picard (D, Mooseheads) were invited to the final evaluation camp. Those guy diserved at least a look.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Yeah an all Quebec team would be pretty cool.......I like the style of the Quebec Junior League......good exciting play.......and I also am for separation.......Albertan that is...hee hee........and good for you Quebecois that want the same thing...I have always supported you cats!!

From cowtown....

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
yeah, we are different... mostly different from Albertans... we should stop being childish and just allow this country to be a real confederation (at least)... or just let the 6 million quebecers form their own and distinct country, mainly french speaking, but also rich with more than an hundred different culture and a few anglophones ghettos (that may then finally open themselves a little bit more... hopefully).

BCCHL inactive

Canadian_man said:
This years team is a joke. I'm sorry but they are just not gonna cut the mustard this year.

Generally, when you want to make a point, you provide something to back it up.

Just thought I would point that out.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
Van said:
Generally, when you want to make a point, you provide something to back it up.

Just thought I would point that out.

It's just a gut feeling, no real backing up is neccessary.

I can go off if you like about there being no Horton, Brule, ect but I'm sure that would just be dejaveu to you.

You didn't have to point that out because I am fully aware thank you.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
ehc73 said:
If they can't play the Sutter style, they won't be on the team. That's what you get when you pick a Sutter to be the coach.

Which is a mistake because I don't think that style is going to beat this year's Russian team, or Finland. They will beat the US if they play them, though.

espo*

I think there is enough mix of great talent on this Canadian team that they can play any style they need to.This is going to be a good team,there is too much talent to think otherwise imo....let's see when the games begin but this should be a good team.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
ehc73 said:
If they can't play the Sutter style, they won't be on the team. That's what you get when you pick a Sutter to be the coach.

What your saying is by picking Sutter Team Canada chances for a Gold Medal just went up ..

I have no problem supporting that stance :handclap:

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
I'm from MTL and I say that i love this team Canada but when i see Andrew Ladd making the team, even from the guys that were cut, i'm sure anybody from Picard,Roussin or Bernier would have been better choices. I'm sorry but thats not how you pick a team. So team Canada should pick their players from the stronger league? Stupid.

Vic Rattlehead*

DanyHeatley#1Fan said:
I'm for Quebec separation, but I'm not frustrated about the amount of Québécois that made the team. They picked the best team according to the players they invited to camp and to the way Sutter wanted to build the team. But talentwise guys like Bourret, Picard (2x), Pouliot, Latendresse, Bourdon and even Roussin would have been as good. The only BIG disapointement that I have is that none of those guys except for Alexandre Picard (D, Mooseheads) were invited to the final evaluation camp. Those guy diserved at least a look.

If Quebec seperated I would leave the province. Simple as that.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
as if the battle of abraham plains settled anything. i think, on contrary, it opened a can of worms that's taken on similar life of its european "clone."

Leachmeister2000 said:
And it might also sharpen the rift between the anglos and the francos and renew old blood rivalry and violence. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad