One of the Slickest Team Homepage Openings

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
Very cool!

Wish the Canucks could have something like that.
Their site has been the same old boring site for a long time.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
The Blues have one of the worst ones in the NHL. That and the NHL.com page itself which looks like a page of some minor league's website like the NLL.

Guy Legend

Jun 2, 2005
St. Louis
The Blues have one of the worst ones in the NHL. That and the NHL.com page itself which looks like a page of some minor league's website like the NLL.

It's funny because if I remember correctly, the Blues website won an award for being one of the best team sports site on the web. Of course, it's been a long while and hardly anything has changed.....

That Thrashers opening is fantastic.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
It's funny because if I remember correctly, the Blues website won an award for being one of the best team sports site on the web. Of course, it's been a long while and hardly anything has changed.....

That Thrashers opening is fantastic.

When did they get that award? 1998?

Magnus Fulgur

Nov 27, 2002
We are team Finland, LOL. Many tbirds fans notice this too. During the games fans and planted fan supporters come to the edge of the balcony and wave the Blueland Flag, which yes...Finland should sue the Thrashers for that.

Being of Finn heritage, I love it.

BTW, we only have two finns on the squad. Kari Lehtonen and Niko Kapanen. We don't have any Finn prospects in the system, that I know of.

bullitt_10

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I think the Hurricanes should have some intro like that...our site has not changed since they first made it....it's kinda boring compared to everyone elses, but the Stanley Cup champs banner makes up for some of it. : )

schreibkrampf

Jul 16, 2006
BC
www.atlantathrashers.com has a new uber-slick opening.

The NHL in general should be congratulated for letting their teams have individualistic highly styled websites.

Very cool page! I think that should be the bar for all teams websites ... it allows new fans to get a sense about their team. It also gives fans of that team something to brag about:)

Just a preference - As a person who works in an office ... I would appreciate if the skip intro or sound off link was at the top.

Good Job Thrasher Faithful ... your team is heading in the right direction.

Transported Upstater

Outstanding, Outstanding job on the Thrashers site.

Love it.

VAiN*

The Panthers revamped their site earlier this year. HUGE improvement over what it was. http://www.floridapanthers.com/

Although sometimes cool, in my experience, intros to websites are semi-useless... they take time to load and most users simply skip them or move on to the next site.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
When did they get that award? 1998?
ST.LOUIS - Dec. 14, 2001 - The St. Louis Blues team website, stlouisblues.com, has been selected as the top website in professional sports by a graduate sports management class at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.

The research involved professional sports teams from NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB and the MLS. The evaluations were based on four main areas: content, fan features, fan-friendliness and interactivity.
http://www.stlouisblues.com/news/0001/011214.HTML

Since then, a lot of great people who did fantastic work for the team left ... some voluntarily, some because Bill Laurie is a complete ***. Throw in the fact that near the end of the 2004 season resources devoted to the web site were slashed and are just now starting to get some attention again, and yeah - I'd say the Blues site could be better.

However, for "ability to find statistics on the team", the Blues still have a pretty damn good site compared to other teams who have visually fantastic sites but less than 1/2 of the information about the team.

bluef0x*

I like the "Blueland" and how it has it's own flag. The intro itself sucks though. With all the money these teams have, you'd think they can hire some 16 year old for $50 to make a nice intro. Instead they go with Pejorative Slured firms and 50 year old men who don't know how to work Flash.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
From everything that I have seen over the past couple of years, the Thrashers do an excellent job marketing the game. Their whole Blueland campaign is really slick, and would convince me to attend games, if I was a casual sports fan in Georgia. It also helps that the Thrashers have the equivalence of a Ferrari and a Porsche in their garage, with guys like Kovalchuk and Hossa to market around.

For those that know, what exactly is Blueland? Is it a theme present through the city, or does it refer solely to the Thrashers and Phillips Arena?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad