One myth about your prospect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Fryer said:
Who is Fedorov the 3rd? Sergei got another little brother besides Fedor growing up?

The father of both Fedorovs is an important man in the Russian Ice Hockey Federation, therby "Otets Federov" or "Federov the 1st". How else do you think Fedor Federov got named to Russia's perliminary Olympic roster or ever played for Russia at the World Championships?

He is a career minor leaguer now, so many more deserving both in North America and Russia. ;)

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Seph said:
I think in the end'll likely be a wash. Parise is undoubtedly a much more mature player right now than Nilsson, that much is obvious. Yet there point totals are nearly identical at the moment. I don't see Parise having as much room to grow as a player. He'll still be valuable, and should be a very good second liner, putting up maybe 50-60 and bringing leadership and 2way play. I see him turning out very Mike York-esque, give or take and likely with a bit more leadership and defense. He could suprise me, but that's my hunch.

Nilsson though is still quite raw, and is getting by a lot more on his natural ability. IIf he refines his game, adds some muscle and hones his ability to utilise his skills, I see him being a better producer. He may or may not ever fulfill that potential, of course. The rest of Parise's game may make up for the difference in points, but it all depends on how the two continue to develop. Only time will tell. There's no clear answer at this time, IMO.
I totally agree with those points. I think that Parise will be a Sturm type player. A 30-30 guy that is very well rounded. One of those players that has their value rise when you see them play.

Nilsson is a tough call for me but I think he has Demitra upside. I do think that highly of his talant. That being said Demitra has worked very hard to become a star. When he was with the Sens I don't remember him being such a great skater. I really hope that the Isles give this kid the proper developement because IMO he has star potential.

Not my team but it's really great to see AO come to NA and be everything a star should be. After being villified by the NA press last year at the WJC, this kid has been nothing but great on and off of the ice. Faking injuries, fighting with team mates, a bad attitude - pfft

RoyIsALegend*

A huge myth about Colorado's prospect pool is that there is no scoring potential and no NHL capable players.

Wrong.

Marek Svatos, Wojtek Wolski, Paul Stastny, Ryan Stoa, Chris Durand, Brad Richardson, T.J. Hensick.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
MrMastodonFarm said:
Is their a Pens prospect that you don't think will be a future Hall of famer?

I never used the term hall of famer in describing ANY of the Pens prospects (though now that you mention it, if Crosby stays healthy I think he's got a pretty good shot).

Excuse me for being high on Ryan Whitney and Erik Christensen. Excuse me for having my own opinion rather than sharing the opinion of the largely ignorant majority of other people.

I form my opinions on a variety of information/research but, most importantly, watching these kids play. I don't make claims of prospects who I have never seen. Moreover, I am actually known to have been down on some Penguins' prospects who other people regarded very highly.

The fact is I think Ryan Whitney is a tremendous prospect who will be one of the best defensemen in the NHL in the not-too-distant future and has a shot at contending for the Norris Trophy one day. And I believe that Erik Christensen is the Penguins best forward prospect behind Crosby and Malkin, and I think he has the potential to be a legitimate 1st line NHL player. I'm sorry if my opinion bothers you so much.

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad