Ondrej Pavelec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Let me start by saying I have seen some great goaltenders pass through the QMJHL and two excellent goaltenders in CB over the last 5 years with Fleury and Houle. Fleury being the best goaltender I seen at the junior level in my life. I started the whole Fleury hype well back before he was considered a top 10 pick.

Pavelec the Eagles 1st round import selection is as impressive as Fleury and should be held in the same regards in terms of prospects. Pavelec is the type of goaltender that steals games night in and night out.

Pavelec plays a Hasek stype of style, a little more normal then Hasek though. His speed isn't quite at Fleury's level but it is close and that is saying a lot. He has an amazing glove hand and covers the bottom half of the net, nothing gets by low. He is so quick that he can cover low and still stop most of the shots up high, just like Hasek.

Before the draft I had Pavelec 2nd among goaltenders behind Rask , right now I think he could be the best goaltender selected since Fleury in 2003. This kid is special and Atlanta got an absolute gem in nets that will give them two franchise goaltenders.

Safir*

Thanks Jason and be sure to keep us updated (Thrashers fans) on his progress. :)

Waddell looks like a real winner after the 2005 Draft, combine that with Lehtonens injury and now the Thrashers still look very solid in net.

Let's hope that Pavelec has a solid groin. :innocent:

endacka

Mar 7, 2002
Paris
Visit site
For me, this guy came a little out of nowhere. I did not recognize him until his last year in the Czech republic. So I have not seen much of him and any updates about how he is doing will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->