Injury Report: Ondrej Pavelec reportedly left MTSC on crutches (MOD Warning post #26) (Update)

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Exact quote was "he won't play in December... we're looking at January/February"

Wow , what happens if Helly plays really good and so does Hutch AND we are winning games when Pavelec is ready to come back ?? Does Pavelec still have a job here ? I know it's alot of what ifs but it could happen .

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Wow, was not expecting this long a recovery time, real unfortunate for him
I really hope Hellebuyck is as good as we have been hoping for

Derfel*

Wow , what happens if Helly plays really good and so does Hutch AND we are winning games when Pavelec is ready to come back ?? Does Pavelec still have a job here ? I know it's alot of what ifs but it could happen .

A lot of "if" in those presumptions... but likely Pavelec would push Hellebuyck down, or force the Jets to put Hutchinson on the market is Helle was playing at a higher level.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Sucks for Pavs. I am looking forward to seeing Helle get some games in though. It also gives Comrie the starting spot in the AHL for a couple of months which will be good for his development.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
This is probably the worst thing that could have happened for Pavs. He wasn't playing great before the injury and now he has a young guy coming in looking to steal the show. I'm hoping Hellebuyck can at least make things interesting.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
You never know when your shot is going to come? This will be a really good opportunity for Hutch, Helly, and Comrie. Sucks for Pavs.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Sucks for Pavs. Tough break...

C'mon Helly! Get in there and make us forget all about ol' what's-his-name!

Derfel*

Tough to say considering we may have lost against the Coyotes if he didn't get hurt.

How do you figure that, exactly? It's not like Hutch was a powerhouse against amazing chances after he took over?

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
How do you figure that, exactly? It's not like Hutch was a powerhouse against amazing chances after he took over?

I think he's trying to say it's a good thing Hutch didn't play the whole game because the Jets might not have won.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Well, too bad for Pavelec. If anything, this gives everyone (including the people who have been crapping on 31 for the last 3+ years) the chance to see what the team can do without the anchor/anvil holding the team back.

Maybe the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, etc.... Now we'll find out.

Derfel*

Well, too bad for Pavelec. If anything, this gives everyone (including the people who have been crapping on 31 for the last 3+ years) the chance to see what the team can do without the anchor/anvil holding the team back.

Maybe the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, etc.... Now we'll find out.

Good way of putting it - this is the situation some were hoping for for the past few seasons. Now let's see what happens, I guess?

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Stu's hurt too? :naughty:

:sarcasm:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Tough to say considering we may have lost against the Coyotes if he didn't get hurt.

Let's just say that had the Jets ended up winning vs. the Coyotes with Pavelec in net, he most likely would've started tonight. Hutch's November starts have been downright bad so far. Pavelec at least had a solid game vs. Vancouver on Wednesday and wasn't ******** the bed on Saturday.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Gotta feel for Pav at one of the better times of his career. If he is to come back I hope he's able to continue improving. But I think I'm with everyone here when I say I hope that Hutch and Helle really step it up in the meantime.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Someone posted the Kane video on Montoya. If you look at that video, Kane actually tries to go between Monty and the post. Reduced the contact quite a bit.

Doan actually does the opposite. The push on Doan is not much, and Doan just heads straight into Pav for maximum contact. I guess when you get contacted when going to the net, you basically have carte blanch and can claim that you were bumped/pushed/whatevered into the keeper.

I don't like to see Pav hurt. But to my way of thinking, if the Jets were going to get hit with an injury, this is probably the one that we are most able to adjust to. And now Helle will get some time at the NHL level. Could be good or could be a real bucket of cold water. Time to find out.

White Out 403*

On a personal level, it sucks that he`s hurt. I hope -and I mean this with all sincerity- that his personal life after hockey isn`t affected by this in any way.

But from a Jets fan perspective? He's sub 910 again this year, career sub 910, and an anchor on this team. If this means Hellebuyck comes in and is the goaltender we're all hoping for, this can finally be the tipping point when we can get away from the leagues worst starting goaltender for the last 6 years. And please don't redact or interpret my post as me being joyful he's hurt. I'm thrilled Connor is playing, full stop.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice

I don't always quote myself but when I do, it's to do a mea culpa and note that I'm one of those who have been crapping on Pavelec for 4-ish years.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Last time Pavelec didn't play much he came back very strong. Let's hope the same happens this time. Obviously I have no issue with the Jets keeping Pavy in practice longer.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Big ifs there. If I was manager, I'd send him down to the Moose to play his way into shape when he gets back after the injury. Nobody is going to claim a .906 goalie, just coming off an injury, with $3.9 million cap hit, and getting $4.25 million salary this year, and $4.75 million next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad