Injury Report: Ondrej Pavelec reportedly left MTSC on crutches (MOD Warning post #26) (Update)

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I missed it. Why did Pavs continue to play for 5 minutes? I believe he was hit hard and a knee bent sideways should have hurt like hell.

Because adrenaline can mask an injury in the short term, but once you take a seat and then try to get back up you notice it.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
My assumption would be we'll see Hellebuyck on the first game of that B2B, barring further injury or disastrous results from Hutchinson again.

I was thinking one of the B2B games as well & Maurice was asked this directly in today's post practice interview.

He said that he'll "wait for the report first on Ondrej, but if its any kind of duration I want Hellebyck to play. I want to see him play. The games I've seen this young man play, I think he can help us win games. I'm not reluctant to put him in the net"

I would think this means you'll see a rotation until Pavelec returns.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
This is eerily reminiscent of Evander Kane running into Montoya. Note that Kane was pushed slightly by Islanders #27. Montoya was never the same after that crash.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Does the AHL have a league minimum, and if so, what would he make for riding the pine?

As far as I know no league minimum.

But this is a one game ATO, not a contract. When NHL teams sign them usually the player gets 500 bucks for the game and gets to keep their jersey (often times the players will sign the jersey, or sign a stick for the ATO player).

Derfel*

I taught with a guy who signed a two-day back-up goalie "contract" with the Hamilton Bulldogs back in 2002 (or 2003?). I believe he told me he got $200/day, two sticks and a jersey to keep, and got one practice out of it. He was the 3rd goalie - so he didn't even get to sit on the bench. I would assume a dozen years later it would be more money at the very least.

Fun fact - he is no longer a teacher in Ontario due to "professional indiscretions"...!

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I taught with a guy who signed a two-day back-up goalie "contract" with the Hamilton Bulldogs back in 2002 (or 2003?). I believe he told me he got $200/day, two sticks and a jersey to keep, and got one practice out of it. He was the 3rd goalie - so he didn't even get to sit on the bench. I would assume a dozen years later it would be more money at the very least.

Fun fact - he is no longer a teacher in Ontario due to "professional indiscretions"...!
He had to move back to Manitoba to teach?

Derfel*

Wow. This is Helle's opportunity for sure. He's going to get multiple games.

He will have to get multiple games - I assume we see him this coming weekend in the B2B series.

Now, this is the "real test".

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Damn, eh? I'm not a big Pavs supporter one way or the other, but you hate to see a guy get hurt like that and miss a bunch of time. At least we get to see Helle?

Tough break for Pav. Hard to fight for your job when you are out of action.

I hope H2 both step up.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Would be an interesting scenario if both goalies are playing well. If one or both are not it will be easier when he's ready to return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->