Injury Report: Ondrej Palat out 6-8 weeks (lower body injury) | cleared to play

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012

No word on the actual injury.

From looking over twitter it sounds like he was speared.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Both Peca and Bournival recalled from the crunch, didnt see the injury to Palat Yesterday but sounds nasty.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
You've got to be kidding me

As long as we get our guys back for the playoffs we are still contenders. I just hope we get them back some time before to get some positive momentum going into the playoffs. Vasi needs to get going again too. Another possible positive outcome is that we get some guys from Syracuse to add some life to the team. Maybe we can find some secondary scoring that would take pressure off of Kuch, Stamkos, Point and Johnson. Gourde could also be a part of the conversation too. Add some other threats to that group and our team healthy with Vasi back on his game, we would insanely tough to beat in a 7 game series. Of course that is easier said than done. It’s a long season.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012

The injury happens at 7:15 of the video. Doesn't look good for his leg/ankle. Hoping for the best.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Apparently he was speared in the 3rd period by Spurgeon. It happened on the 5 on 3.
He was. Pretty slimy, too. His back was turned to Spurgeon, and Spurgeon was pretty deliberate about jabbing his stick into the soft spot behind Palat's knee, i.e. the old reflex thing to get someone's knee to buckle. Palat's knee buckled and he his ankle got twisted under him in an awkward way. Pretty much the Stralman injury. So, high ankle sprain, maybe? Hopefully?

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
He was. Pretty slimy, too. His back was turned to Spurgeon, and Spurgeon was pretty deliberate about jabbing his stick into the soft spot behind Palat's knee, i.e. the old reflex thing to get someone's knee to buckle. Palat's knee buckled and he his ankle got twisted under him in an awkward way. Pretty much the Stralman injury. So, high ankle sprain, maybe? Hopefully?
I posted the video in the other thread.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Honestly I don't mind losing Palat for a few games providing it's not a serious injury. Of course I'd rather him not be hurt at all, but his play lately won't really be missed. This could really open a door for Peca. Maybe he provides a spark and cements a spot in the bottom 6.

Also, if the injuries can stop here that'd be great.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Surprise surprise. Another one of our players is injured in a game against the wild. That teams is sneaky dirty. Never did like them. Here a video of the injury.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That was a pretty innocent play. Just very unlucky how Palat landed. Even last year only Johnson's injury was a result of the Wild being dirty.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
That was a pretty innocent play. Just very unlucky how Palat landed. Even last year only Johnson's injury was a result of the Wild being dirty.
I wouldn't call that innocent. Spurgeon couldn't have known that Palat would fall like that, but he absolutely knew what was going to happen if he jabbed his stick into the back of Palat's knee and Palat didn't know it was coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad