Ondrej Kase is probably one of the better young players you don't know about

Oct 18, 2011
No one ever seems to talk about him. As to point 2 he's a 7th liner playing on a third line. Who is expecting him to be in a tier with Barzal and Boeser?
I guess we can only talk about him if he performs like first round picks doing what they're supposed to do

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You should try reading the title again
is he one of the better young players that I don't know about? or is he one of the better young players AND I don't know about him? Bad phrasing really.

Also I know every young player in the NHL pretty much. don't make assumptions next time

Oct 18, 2011
is he one of the better young players that I don't know about? or is he one of the better young players AND I don't know about him? Bad phrasing really.

Also I know every young player in the NHL pretty much. don't make assumptions next time
He's a 7th rounder, from a small country, playing on a small market team, congrats the title does not apply to you, now go tell us how great all the leafs are some more

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

It seemed very clear to me that he's one of the better players people dont know/talk about. Congrats on knowing about him but that doesn't make him well known.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Kase is one of our best forwards night in and night out. He works his ass off every shift and is one of the more creative players we have offensively. I'm sorry if that doesn't involve Matthews somehow but he's really been a surprise this year. His 1.53 G/60 is good for 13th in the league among players with 35+ games played.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
It's weird how when a new late round pick established himself as an everyday NHL player it's a big deal, but when a 1st round pick has the same numbers he is a bust....

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
No one ever seems to talk about him. As to point 2 he's a 7th liner playing on a third line. Who is expecting him to be in a tier with Barzal and Boeser?

He's a 7th liner? So he's an AHL 3rd liner?

On a serious note, Kase is a Shark killer and I believe he was already a Shark killer in his rookie year despite less than stellar overall production against the other 28 (at the time) NHL teams, so you don't have to fill me in on him. He's a hell of a player.

As a 205th overall pick, he's already in some good company with Pavelski and Lundqvist.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Last year in his rookie season he posted a modest 5G, 10A, 15 point -1 season in 53 games, he showed some promise but we knew he had a ways to go.

Fast forward to this season He's more than tripled his goal scoring output(16) and has nearly doubled his point total(29) with a +14 in 43 games.

Nobody really knows who he is but he's a pretty good young player
A lot of people know of him and his game, there is this thing called NHL.tv, it allows you to watch games and he was a kid that impressed enough last season as well, you could see a guy that just needed time to figure out his game.

These type of threads are what we need to not really see more of ever again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad