Player Discussion Ondřej Kaše Appreciation Thread

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Would honestly love to try kase with silf and kesler once kes is back. I just think he would fit so well with either of our top 2 centers that we could bump someone down and have better depth
I was thinking the same thing. The cogs rakell Perry line looked solid together. Maybe kaden can play with Kessler and give that line a little more offense than last year. I think that could be huge for silf and keslers production

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Man this guy is creative with the puck, love watching him play.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The biggest problem for him is staying healthy, he needs a bit more bulking. But damn he have sweet mitts, what a goal last night vs Sens

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Who is Kaše? You mean KA$€?

diddy2.gif

Reactions: Spazkat

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
That’s a 30 goal/50ish point pace.

Kinda insane to think about it.

INB4 someone mentions his shooting percentage

It’s a bit high, but it’s not like he’s shooting 30%. It could dip a bit and still leave him with very good numbers.

I wouldn’t be comfortable leaning on last season’s 53 game sample size as where his norm should be. He doesn’t have a norm yet. It’s probably not 17+%, but it’s probably not the 6.5% he shot last season either.

Personally, based on his play, I think he could slow down a bit, but I don’t think he’ll fall off a cliff. He’s a good player who is coming into his own.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I hate stats. you could see he was good last year and I had all the idiots telling me Ritchie was better because he scored. kase is good because he forechecks, wins pucks along the boards, is fast, is skilled and has dirty skills around the net. that's way more information than stats and why the stats idiots didn't like him last year.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Originally i thought Kase would be more of a playmaker than goal scorer, given what his scouting profile sounded like & Czech players lean towards being playmakers except for like Pastrnak.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Originally i thought Kase would be more of a playmaker than goal scorer, given what his scouting profile sounded like & Czech players lean towards being playmakers except for like Pastrnak.

I actually was on the Kase bandwagon - if you look at old threads from last season and the off season I was pumping him pretty hard, particularly for his puck retrieval skills. The nice surprise for me has been the scoring touch. I though he would end up like Cogliano (lots of chances, not much finish). But he looks bigger/stronger this year and that seems to be paying off. He and Roy add a nice bit of skill and speed to the ducks lineup.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ill admit i didnt think kase would do well at nhl level and i def didnt think hed be a solid contributer in our top 6.... but honestly hes been money this season.

Hes like a smaller softer less talaneted rakell.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I’ve always liked Kase. You can’t teach hockey sense and he seems to have it in spades. I thought going into the year if he learned to finish he would be a really good top 6 forward. He’s seemingly now learned to finish and it looks like he is going to be that top 6 guy going forward. Now the issue is going to be staying healthy and avoiding getting crushed all the time.

Reactions: Dmang714

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I don't think it should be a surprise that Rakell has had some issues this year. He's still young and still learning. Last year was certainly a breakout year for him and he needs to understand what is required to build from there. I think/hope that is what he is going through.

The concern I have is that there are enough players who are established NHLers but who still need continued teaching/learning/coaching at the NHL level. I don't see RC being that kind of coach. Whether it's a young D or a Ricky or Kase, or Roy or whoever, these guys still need guidance/learning. Just benching or cutting ice time is not teaching.

The league has changed. With a cap it's very difficult to be a winner without getting top level production from some of your cheapest and most affordable players. That means players will get a shot earlier and it means some are going to need more help continuing to learn at the NHL level than players may have in the past. That is not RC's strength.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I don't think it should be a surprise that Rakell has had some issues this year. He's still young and still learning. Last year was certainly a breakout year for him and he needs to understand what is required to build from there. I think/hope that is what he is going through.

The concern I have is that there are enough players who are established NHLers but who still need continued teaching/learning/coaching at the NHL level. I don't see RC being that kind of coach. Whether it's a young D or a Ricky or Kase, or Roy or whoever, these guys still need guidance/learning. Just benching or cutting ice time is not teaching.

The league has changed. With a cap it's very difficult to be a winner without getting top level production from some of your cheapest and most affordable players. That means players will get a shot earlier and it means some are going to need more help continuing to learn at the NHL level than players may have in the past. That is not RC's strength.

Do people honestly think that that's what our coaching staff does? No speaking, no lectures, no talks, no video review, just ice time up or down. Say so, if so. Because it's an idiotic assertion.

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Do people honestly think that that's what our coaching staff does? No speaking, no lectures, no talks, no video review, just ice time up or down. Say so, if so. Because it's an idiotic assertion.

Sure they talk with a guy when they bench him. But do they do much before it gets to that point? Or do they just figure you're supposed to know all that before you get here? Call it what you will but I believe coaching young players vs coaching vets is not the same thing unless you believe in a one size fits all approach.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Sure they talk with a guy when they bench him. But do they do much before it gets to that point? Or do they just figure you're supposed to know all that before you get here? Call it what you will but I believe coaching young players vs coaching vets is not the same thing unless you believe in a one size fits all approach.
We have no idea what goes on behind doors you can’t just come to conclusions like that

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Rakell is on pace to have a higher PPG then last season despite missing our top 6 for a good portion of the season and having a revolving door of line mates. He hasn't gotten the luxury of getting more offensive zone starts that he had last season either, not to mention it was pretty easy to target rakell as the guy you need to stop with our injuries.

Is rakell the new lindholm around here?

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Kase! What a beast! Love this kid.. I think he signs a bridge deal, maybe 2 year, 5 million. I hope we sign him 5 years, 15 million but he’d be silly to take that lol

Reactions: Magnus the Duck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kase! What a beast! Love this kid.. I think he signs a bridge deal, maybe 2 year, 5 million. I hope we sign him 5 years, 15 million but he’d be silly to take that lol
Id be happy if he signs around the same #'s as rakell maybe a bit lower.... 5 x 3.5 would be pretty great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->