Player Discussion Ondřej Kaše Appreciation Thread

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Kase, just like Palat, has vision, hockey sense and can be a playmaker from the wing position. But Palat is stronger, faster, more physical and much better defensively. As far as Czech players go, I think Kase is more similar to a young Martin Erat. And that's before I realized Erat was also a 7th round pick. Over the years, Erat went from quite one dimensional to become a pretty good 2 way-player while remaining a shifty playmaker. Hopefully Kase can progress the same way.

You can tell Kase knows how to protect the puck, but sometimes he's unable to as he's not strong enough yet. Erat was never very good along the boards, but could shield the puck in open ice due to good balance and low center of gravity. Some added lower body strenght would serve Kase well.

Can we trade him for Forsberg

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Very good. The Palat comparison I made earlier is showing more and more each game, he's so good at taking the puck away, backchecking and puck hounding anyone with the puck.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
With 10 points in 25 games played that's over a 30 point pace, which is pretty good considering his role and the fact he does not get much PP time. He had a few games lately where he was invisible but the last couple he has been very noticeable making the most of his mins

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Very good. The Palat comparison I made earlier is showing more and more each game, he's so good at taking the puck away, backchecking and puck hounding anyone with the puck.

Repeat yourself much? Just because he backchecks doesn't mean he's comparable to Palat who is excellent overall defensively, not just at backchecking and puck pressure. Palat is like a better offensive version of Silfverberg, Kase is nowhere near that yet.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
4 goals 6 assists 10 points 26 games 12:06 TOI/GP he has been producing at a nice rate hope he is able to continue it.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He still reminds me of another Cogs. Doesn't have a great shot but has good hands carrying the puck, hustles, and backchecks hard

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
He still reminds me of another Cogs. Doesn't have a great shot but has good hands carrying the puck, hustles, and backchecks hard

I think Kase has much better hands then Cogliano... If not, at least he appears much more creative offensively.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
He needs to spend the off season with Cogs and learn the art if indestructibility

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Cogliano has good hands. He's an excellent pick carrier. He just doesn't have a good shot. Much like Kase. Good hands is more than stick handling through guys. It's also being able to hang onto the puck with defenders near you

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Yeah, Cogliano is definitely far from an Artyukin. He's the opposite of flashy, though, so he does utilize his hands quite differently. That was different in his Edmonton days, though.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Cogliano has good hands. He's an excellent pick carrier. He just doesn't have a good shot. Much like Kase. Good hands is more than stick handling through guys. It's also being able to hang onto the puck with defenders near you

Sorry but he definitely doesn't have good hands, he mostly stick-handles back and forth in a stiff manner. His puck control is fine, but his hands overall are not what I'd label a strength of his.

Kase has much more creativity in his hands, much more freedom of movement, this in toe drags, backhand toe drags, stickhandling at different distances and angles from the body. There's just a lot more to his stick-handling abilities than Cogliano has.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Kase is more skilled than Cogs, but not a better player (yet).

Cogs is not a great comparable at all tbh. He's more like Rakell than anything.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Kase`s ice time in last 2:

15:16 (4 SOG)
14:44 (1 SOG)

Cool to see him having an increased role and judging by the stat sheet, he`s at least helding his own out there.

Watching the highlights of last nights game, Kase took the puck from the Kings in the neutral zone, then dumped it in quickly and applied the pressure on Doughty (with Getz helping) which lead to an uncleared puck which Ritchie took and dumped forward along the boards and then Getz took it away and was his vintage self with a fantastic pass to Manson. To me, Kase played much larger role than Ritchie in that goal, who was credited with an assist

It still bothers me that anouncers call him Kasha instead of Kashe though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad