On Prucha

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I know Crosby is seen as the consensus rookie of the year with Ovechkin as his main competition. I also know that Svatos is having a great year. As is Phaneuf.
This brings me to my team the Rangers and Lundqvist very much the dark horse candidate who has been outstanding but there is another rookie here Petr Prucha who in the last five games has put in 7 goals and in the last 11--10 goals. He is also a big reason why our team has been so successful. If anyone would like to comment on Petr it would be appreciated.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
eco's bones said:
I know Crosby is seen as the consensus rookie of the year with Ovechkin as his main competition. I also know that Svatos is having a great year. As is Phaneuf.
This brings me to my team the Rangers and Lundqvist very much the dark horse candidate who has been outstanding but there is another rookie here Petr Prucha who in the last five games has put in 7 goals and in the last 11--10 goals. He is also a big reason why our team has been so successful. If anyone would like to comment on Petr it would be appreciated.

I dont think there is any chance he will be in the top 3 for the calder race this year. Playing great but is quite a way behind Ovechkin IMO.
Great steal though, 8th rounder in the 2002 draft.
Ovechkin should win the calder this year btw.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Last game against us Ovechkin had a monster game. There's little doubt in my mind that he's the real deal. Back to Prucha though--he doesn't have much size (comparable to another preseason favorite Parise) but he comes to play and he finds ways to contribute and he's constantly going into traffic. Reminds me of Elias.

RangersFan88*

eco's bones said:
Last game against us Ovechkin had a monster game. There's little doubt in my mind that he's the real deal.

dude ovechkins is the real deal BIG TIME !!! u see that guy he's phenomenale :bow:

to prucha the boy is awesome ,i mean nobody thought big things of him but hes starting to become really amazing if he can keep up the goal scoring streak it would be great :yo:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
RangersFan88 said:
to prucha the boy is awesome ,i mean nobody thought big things of him but hes starting to become really amazing if he can keep up the goal scoring streak it would be great :yo:

That's not exactly true. Rodent, I, and a few others who knew of him since he was drafted expected big things from him ;) Should be a great player through and through!

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Jon Prescription said:
That's not exactly true. Rodent, I, and a few others who knew of him since he was drafted expected big things from him ;) Should be a great player through and through!

I did not know of these big things to come from him :teach:

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
based on what i read about him when he was picked, i expected him to def put up atleast 25 goals and 50 points a year (when he got use to the north american game)...people put to much on size.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
even rodent's been surprised by prucha's goal scoring prowess so far this year...

i thought prucha could be a guy who could score goals and all, but figured it take him longer than this to acclimate. his biggest asset is that he works hard and has a knack for finding those loose pucks and finding the open spaces.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
McRanger said:
Anyone remember the pre-2004 draft rumors involving Prucha and Ovechkin? Cant quite remember exactly, but it sounded like nonsense at the time. At least Prucha looks like an NHLer...

Edit: Dug it up... http://www.hockeyrodent.com/RODENTYC.HTM

What a hilariously stupid article. In particular this:

What good is drafting Ovechkin if (say) the kid is demanding to play in the NHL and skip the AHL altogether? Alex plays on the Olympic-sized ice surface. How will his talent translate to the more confined dimensions of an NHL rink? Maybe some time in the AHL is appropriate despite Alex's desires? How will he take demotion?

is totally cringe-worthy.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don't think it's that bad at all. That was in April of 2004 when no one knew really HOW good that Ovechkin actually was. Yes, everyone knew he was great but not THIS good.

Cynical TyranT

Son of a gun
May 9, 2004
Somewhere in 'merica
Maybe its just me, but, I always think of Fleury and St. Louis as far as small guys who still get theirs... hopefully Petr winds up in those molds? Minus Theo's raging alcoholism problem, of course.

DarthSather99

Mar 2, 2002
NYC
Visit site
Nich said:
based on what i read about him when he was picked, i expected him to def put up atleast 25 goals and 50 points a year (when he got use to the north american game)...people put to much on size.

The new rules favor smaller players. You could not have envisioned Prucha putting up these numbers in the old NHL where players were allowed to obstruct, hook and body slam players in front of the net. I also have to say I'm a Ranger fan. I think Prucha is at the right place at the right time. I'm loving his game.

Aug 7, 2005
upstate
Prucha is putting up these numbers because he works hard, drives to the net, and gets his shot off. It's nice to have Jagr as a mentor, but it also takes talent to finish, and the kid can finish.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Actually

Henrik Lundqvist should be the front runner for the Calder.

If he's currently 2nd in MVP status for the Rangers success this year, then there's no way that he shouldn't be considered the front runner for the Calder.

Henrik has been outstanding for the Rangers and if Renney wasn't a respectful person and not wanting to lose Weeks mentally he would name Lundqvist the Rangers #1 now.

DarthSather99

Mar 2, 2002
NYC
Visit site
pld459666 said:
Henrik Lundqvist should be the front runner for the Calder.

If he's currently 2nd in MVP status for the Rangers success this year, then there's no way that he shouldn't be considered the front runner for the Calder.

Henrik has been outstanding for the Rangers and if Renney wasn't a respectful person and not wanting to lose Weeks mentally he would name Lundqvist the Rangers #1 now.

losing Weekes mentally? I don't know if you know Weekes but he's a laid back guy. He's been traded a multitude of times. You think him being the #2 goalie (again) will matter to him? Weekes is #1 because of his ability to play more games(historically) in the NHL and keep the pressure off the ROOKIE. It's really irrelevant who's "named" the #1 goalie.

Renney's decisions are not just for the here and now but for the long range plans of the team. Renney has been known to call out players if their not playing up to snuff so naming Weekes the #1 goalie is not being respectful to Weekes. It's more of letting people know that he will still get the majority of starts and keep the pressure off a player playing his first year in a faster and more physically grinding schedule.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Well---let's resurrect this one more time. Now Prucha is up to 11 goals in his last 11 games and 9 in his last 6. He also hit the post which would have given him a hat trick against a very good and motivated Vancouver team. Apart from Ranger fans though it doesn't seem like too many people are noticing him.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Very impressive player. Excellent release and a good accurate shot. Kid also has some fine moves and can take a hit. Big time steal by the Rangers and just bad timing for him regarding rookie of the year honors.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Brooklyndevil said:
Very impressive player. Excellent release and a good accurate shot. Kid also has some fine moves and can take a hit. Big time steal by the Rangers and just bad timing for him regarding rookie of the year honors.

It's funny but some Ranger fans like to compare him to Gionta but size wise I think he's closer to Elias. They're all smaller and gritty players with a nose for a net that go into traffic areas. Apart from the Pwp time Prucha most often does not even play with the names he plays with the muckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->