Olympics vs World Cup

• Thread starter Deleted member 3032
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3032

A lot of fans seemed to think that the Olympics was great hockey. I remember people saying how people who never watched hockey before would be hooked by watching the Olympic hockey games, but would be let down if they tried to watch the NHL afterwards. Lots of people claimed that the Olympic hockey was better because the international size ice rinks allow for much more space, while others said it was because of the quality of players on each team.

The World Cup should give us an idea of what made the Olympics so exciting. Will the World Cup be as exciting? Obviously there are some differences between the two events, such as the Olympics historically holding more significance, some other rule changes, and the rosters being different, but I feel that this is as close as we'll get to having two similar events on North American and international sized rinks.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Olympics were exciting because of the players - basicly the same players are playing in the World Cup and I don't see any reason why WC couldn't be even more exciting, given the fact that NHL rules are much better than IIHF rules.

Size of the rink has nothing to do with it and no-redline makes the game worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad