Olympics 2006: Rosters, Schedule, Info etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
Lion of the North said:
Total NHL team representation:
European clubs with most players: Ust-Kamenogorsk (actually an Asian club) have 7, Riga and Lugano have 6, Bolzano, Asiago and Milan have 5 while Cologne, Zurich and Berne each have 4.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
jekoh said:
Slovakia has named : Dominik Graňák (Slavia Praha), Ronald Petrovický (Atlanta) and Branko Radivojevič (Philadelphia).

http://hokej.point.sk/reprezentacia/index.php?clanok=38978

Thanks, i'll add it. :)

jekoh said:
European clubs with most players: Ust-Kamenogorsk (actually an Asian club) have 7, Riga and Lugano have 6, Bolzano, Asiago and Milan have 5 while Cologne, Zurich and Berne each have 4.

I'll probably add that aswell.

interminded

Aug 10, 2005
Netherlands
Great job, Lion !!

This is much appreciated ! :clap:

BTW, Who was the Czech player that is left form the Albertville 92 games ?
Is that Jagr ?

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
A few comments:

- When does the Russian roster come out?

- Have any of those Itallian players ever been anywhere NEAR the NHL radar?

- I thought Nic Antropov hated Kazakstan, so I'm suprised to see he'll be playing for them.

- Germany has a lot more NHL players than I'd be able to think of off the top of my head, but Switzerland has a lot less.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Shoalzie said:
Just to clarify, two 6 team groups and no preliminary round? 5 round robin games and then the medal round?

correct

can someone translate those times into eastern time zone?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
USA (Alaska) -10
USA (California), Canada (British Columbia) -9
USA (Arizona), Canada (Alberta) -8
USA (Texas), Canada (Manitoba) -7
USA (New York), Canada (Ontario) -6

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Douggy said:
A few comments:

- I thought Nic Antropov hated Kazakstan, so I'm suprised to see he'll be playing for them.

- Germany has a lot more NHL players than I'd be able to think of off the top of my head, but Switzerland has a lot less.
Muzzati played for Calgary and hartford ( perhaps others ). Scandella played his hockey in the Q and was a high scorer for Rouyn Noranda. Tuzzolino played many years in the AHL and had a cup of coffee with Boston.

Antropov is taking the opportunity to play for the Kazaks while the whole world is watching. He has always turned them down at every opportunity.
The Swiss have talent but no desire to play in the NHL for the most part. They are fast becoming wasted draft picks.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
Wow, Colorado with 11 has the most playing.
I would not have guessed that.

OilerOlli*

Great that my favourite Playername is at Olympia too: Adrian Wichser :D

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
Douggy said:
A few comments:

*The Russian roster was submitted yesterday, but for whatever reason, it hasn't been announced, which peeves me.

*TSN has a good article on the Italian Olympic team.

*Antropov -- yeah I'm shocked as well. Never expected that.

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
JoeLH said:
For Germany: Marcel Goc, Stefan Ustorf, Alexander Barta, Michael Hackert and perhaps Jan Benda - who can also play wing - will be the centers. Klaus Kathan has never been a center.
Jan Benda will play ANYTHING. The guy is Mr. Plug-n-Play. He||, I'm surprised he hasn't dressed as an emergency goalie yet!

Oh c'mon, Kathan is 1 for 10 on faceoffs this season. You don't think he'll play center? :sarcasm:

Jo

Mar 11, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I am still shock to see how much us French canadian are not respected at ALLLLLLLL. Well, we are a minority in Canada, yes some of us want to separate ourself from Canada, but from what I read and see recently, I might fall in the YES camp. It's a shame.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
JoBell said:
I am still shock to see how much us French canadian are not respected at ALLLLLLLL. Well, we are a minority in Canada, yes some of us want to separate ourself from Canada, but from what I read and see recently, I might fall in the YES camp. It's a shame.
Hard to believe Bouillion got left off. I'm with you lets seperate.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
I know Italy is hosting the Olympics but why would they put a hockey team together? Canada plays them their first game, do they take it easy on them? Do they go all out? Has Canada ever played Italy in international tournament with their BEST players? Im scared for Italy but proud to be CANADIAN!!! :yo:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
IBleedOil247 said:
I know Italy is hosting the Olympics but why would they put a hockey team together? Canada plays them their first game, do they take it easy on them? Do they go all out? Has Canada ever played Italy in international tournament with their BEST players? Im scared for Italy but proud to be CANADIAN!!! :yo:

I think everyone on the Italian team knows they're going to get killed by everyone in this tourney....

They should be thrilled to hold Canada to within 10 goals of them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->