Injury Report: Olofsson out with possible concussion

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
If only Minnesota had a depth defenseman that had a few years experience in the NHL...:sarcasm:

If only they had a crystal ball, amiright? I don't think they could foresee losing half of their defense at the same time. Sure, it COULD happen, but it rarely does.

People complain about the Wild losing assets for nothing, then when they do trade one they complain that we don't have it anymore. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Ok, this explains Belpedio signing. Soucy need to go back to Iowa in any case. Sadly..

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
Anyone know what his deal is? Still hurt? Saw on one of the Russo blogs that it sounds like the coaching staff doesn't have much trust in his game right now but I wouldn't mind seeing him in over Soucy. Olf hasn't had many games above the bottom pair this year maybe being put with Spurge could help jump start his game.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Anyone know what his deal is? Still hurt? Saw on one of the Russo blogs that it sounds like the coaching staff doesn't have much trust in his game right now but I wouldn't mind seeing him in over Soucy. Olf hasn't had many games above the bottom pair this year maybe being put with Spurge could help jump start his game.

He's played like 1 game in the last month. Not sure I want to put him in at this point. The Jets series might just end up ringing his bell again with the physical play.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He's played like 1 game in the last month. Not sure I want to put him in at this point. The Jets series might just end up ringing his bell again with the physical play.
Agree, plus even though Soucy hasn't played particularly great, at least he's keeping it simple enough to avoid huge mistakes too. Olofsson has better all around skill, and will likely end up the better player, but right now Soucy can be relied upon to play mistake free in terms of positioning if not in terms of zone clearing.

Olofsson was a regular positioning mistake waiting to happen most of the year, which is why the coaches don't trust him right now even if he was healthy.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
If I were BB, I would keep playing Seeler and Soucy over Olofsson, even if he is healthy. Especially against the Jets, who would make Olofsson turtle.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
I agree the physicality of the Jets does not work in Olf's favor however if we advance and play some of the faster more skilled teams a la nashville or Colorado or Vegas i still think Olf will be a better choice than Soucy. I haven't liked Soucy's game much at all and he has made Spurgeon less effective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad