Olnhd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spankatola Jamnuts*

LINK

OLN HD is apparently going to be available as video on demand on certain systems.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
Olnhd?

:biglaugh: I read your title on this post and I thought to myself...what a goof...can't even spell Ohlund (as in Mattias Ohlund). Opps. :D

SedinFan*

Peter said:
Olnhd?

:biglaugh: I read your title on this post and I thought to myself...what a goof...can't even spell Ohlund (as in Mattias Ohlund). Opps. :D

I thought the exact thing, and got angry..then I read his post.

Yus

Feb 4, 2004
OLN is not having an HD channel any time soon. OLN is having an HD VOD (video on demand) service this fall, but not an actual HD channel.

OLN games that are in HD will be made available to carriers that carry their OLN channel. It's up to the individual cable/satelite provider to make that HD feed available to their viewers.

This is similar to how FSN-North does HD Twins games. Comcast (my cable provider) puts those games on INHD, because there's no full-time FSN-North HD channel. I'd assume Comcast will do the same thing for OLN games, put them on INHD.

This means your local provider might not carry all or even any OLN HD games. So when a schedule of OLN HD games comes out make sure to call your provider and tell them you want to see those games.

INHD is actually owned by a conglomerate of cable companies (Comcast, Time Warner, etc.). It's currently only available to cable companies to carry. In the past HDnet has carried NHL games in HD, but there's not currently a contract for this season.

BrickRed

Oct 23, 2003
Phoenix
Visit site
Yus said:
OLN is not having an HD channel any time soon. OLN is having an HD VOD (video on demand) service this fall, but not an actual HD channel.

So after all this hype about the NHL on HD it is only going to be available on a game by game basis for an extra fee per game? How's that going to build an fan base?

Yus

Feb 4, 2004
I'm not sure where you got the idea of an extra fee.

Games will be in HD, there will not be an HD channel immediately, so your provider will have to put it on a special events channel.

BrickRed

Oct 23, 2003
Phoenix
Visit site
Yus said:

Games will be in HD, there will not be an HD channel immediately, so your provider will have to put it on a special events channel.

So VOD is not the same as pay per view. Glad to hear it. Thanks Yus.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Peter said:
Olnhd?

My thoughts exactly

Yus

Feb 4, 2004
BrickRed said:
So VOD is not the same as pay per view. Glad to hear it. Thanks Yus.

Most VOD content is free if you get the channel in question.

Gary Buttman

Feb 21, 2005
Tha Dirty South
Yus said:

On our Comcast theres an HD special channel that was only used for stuff like HD NBA TV games 40 times a year. Im betting thats where itll go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad