OLN to Debut 2 New Hockey Shows, Plus Increased Playoff Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
OLN will premiere 2 new hockey series, "Legends of Hockey" and "The Tournament" which will air on Mondays and Tuesdays prior to and after every OLN hockey game in March and April.

Also, OLN will air NHL Playoff Doubleheaders Sunday-Friday during the quarterfinals, instead of Monday-Friday as originally thought.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wow...my center ice subscription will be just about obsolete..

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Stevedude530 said:
Also, OLN will air NHL Playoff Doubleheaders Sunday-Friday during the quarterfinals, instead of Monday-Friday as originally thought.
Well **** me. Is NBC still going to have regional Saturday and Sunday games? Anyone know if the semi-finals, or any other round for that matter, will be changed as well?

Edit: Saw the thread about NBC having a Saturday and Sunday game during the Quarters.

Last edited:

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Don't be shocked if the Conference Finals end up being a split national telecast, with half the nation getting the west and the other half the east. Unlike the rest of the playoffs, NBC only has one date to air the Conference Finals.

EliCash

Aug 2, 2005
Boston
Stevedude530 said:
Don't be shocked if the Conference Finals end up being a split national telecast, with half the nation getting the west and the other half the east.

:madfire: This would be beyond asinine.

veronesepk

Feb 11, 2005
That would be so cool. I love Legends of Hockey. I've got the second season on DVD - great stuff.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Stevedude530 said:
Don't be shocked if the Conference Finals end up being a split national telecast, with half the nation getting the west and the other half the east. Unlike the rest of the playoffs, NBC only has one date to air the Conference Finals.

The conference finals have never aired on the same day. It was always one night east and the next west so i dont see how it would end up being split telecast.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Stevedude530 said:
...but the Conference finals don't happen on the same night for each conference.

What are they going to do, only show half the screen?

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
No, I mean since NBC only is planning to air COnference final hockey they may do it in a split regional telecast or doubleheader format. Either they'll air both games at 3:00 PM (Very Likely) and show 1 game in half the country, the other in the other half, or they'll show on at 12:30 and one at like, 3-330

EliCash

Aug 2, 2005
Boston
Stevedude530 said:
No, I mean since NBC only is planning to air COnference final hockey they may do it in a split regional telecast or doubleheader format. Either they'll air both games at 3:00 PM (Very Likely) and show 1 game in half the country, the other in the other half, or they'll show on at 12:30 and one at like, 3-330

What makes you think this? Sounds like the dumbest idea since the glowing puck. Just keep the two CFs on separate days, please.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
I'm just speculating that since NBC only has one timeslot scheduled to air any conference finals action at all, that they might do this.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
nyrmessier011 said:
are you kidding. wanted ted or alive and bass fishing is way to valuable.

:biglaugh: Ted or Alive. To think people would do things like that to actually spend time with him. :biglaugh: Maybe if the point was to get as far away as possible it would be a little more watchable....

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Looks like OLN has moved the premiere of "The Tournament" to April 10th at 10:00 PM after the Caps-Bruins game.

"Legends of Hockey" will still premiere a week from tonight (4/28) at 7:00 PM, with another episode airing at 8:00 PM and 12 Midnight.

MacDaddy TLC*

OilFever94 said:
I've watched a couple episodes of The Tournament on CBC... it was pretty bad IMO.

Are you a hockey parent? I watched the first season and laughed my *** off. It was way too close to reality.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I think it would be sweet if they did a show like "The Season" and showed one hour long episode each month for each division, showcasing the building of rivalries and potential playoff races. Basicly they would run 6 episodes each month at various times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad