OLN/NBC Playoff Schedule

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Egil said:
CBC will have Ottawa-Buffalo in HD, OLN might pick up that feed.

They aren't. The San Jose Edmonton series is the one that they will use the CBC feed. It is listed on OLNTV.com.

GameFace247SON

@NHLonICE
Jun 11, 2005
Philadelphia
www.thenhlonice.com
I am Jack's Fish said:
yeah, and there is a limited amount of HD trucks, even for established networks, as well as new networks like OLN.

Sucks, but isnt worth getting that upset about.

I just don't understand why OLN has any non-HD trucks to begin with...they just started covering a major sports league...it's infuriating...i'd rather them show us the CBC or TSN HD feeds than their coverage anyhow

EDIT: Plus, after watching hockey in HD, anything less is like being stabbed in the eyes for 2.5-3 hours. That's a fact.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Beninati is the Voice of the Washington Capitals, who happen to broadcast their games on COMCAST SportsNet.

Pretty much, it's as simple as he's on the payroll year-round.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Spydey629 said:
Beninati is the Voice of the Washington Capitals, who happen to broadcast their games on COMCAST SportsNet.

Pretty much, it's as simple as he's on the payroll year-round.

I know who Beninati is.He works with Craig Laughlin who is just as bad as Beninati and Al Cokin.That is why I mute the Caps broadcast whenever I watch their Comcast broadcast which used to be HTS.That wasn't my point.Did OLN run out of options?Sam Rosen and Jack Edwards are a better listen than Beninati and both of the other guys are on the OLN payroll.Beninati makes me miss Gary Thorne and his assault on the english language ;)

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Beninati seems like a young Emrick. I like him.

Oh yeah, turns out OLN is doing it's own production for the games in SJ.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
No more Trautwig please.

I like Clement better on OLN than on ESPN. He is a better anchor, than analyst or game commentator. He keeps everybody in line.

Did Buccigross play hockey?

bictron

Jul 31, 2005
Tracy, CA
I have a question that I hope someone can answer....

With the Ducks sweeping Colorado, and NBC was supposed to show a game at their scheduled Game 5, since there is no Game 5, does that mean there will be no game shown at all? Or will they pick up the possible Game 5 of Devils/Canes?

Alpine

Oct 28, 2005
Moncton, NB
TSN has 'Canes/Devils at 3:30 my time which is Atlantic Time. They've shared or used OLN/NBC broadcasts before. So I'm sure you'll get the game.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Flicktron said:
I have a question that I hope someone can answer....

With the Ducks sweeping Colorado, and NBC was supposed to show a game at their scheduled Game 5, since there is no Game 5, does that mean there will be no game shown at all? Or will they pick up the possible Game 5 of Devils/Canes?

Neither the Devils/Canes possible Game #5 and Oilers/Sharks Game #5 will be moved to the afternoon-they will still be played Sunday night. So NBC won't be showing a hockey game on Sunday.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Just to make this easy for all of you.

Game 1 of the ECF will be on NBC
Games 2-7 of the ECF and all 7 games of the WCF are on OLN.

Both series will be entirely in HD.

Mike Emrick and John Davidson will be calling the Eastern Final. It's very likely we'll see Joe Beninati and Neil Smith calling the Western Final.

On the radio side, Sam Rosen and Darren Eliot will be calling the Eastern and Dave Strader (Analyst TBA) the Western for NHL Radio.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
EDIT:

Buffalo vs. Carolina
TV
Play By Play: Mike Emrick
Color: John Davidson (Games 1-2, 4-7), Ed Olczyk (Game 3)
Reporting: Joe Micheletti (NBC), Chris Simpson, Andy Brickley (OLN)

Radio
Play By Play: Sam Rosen
Color: Darren Eliot

Edmonton vs. Anaheim
TV
Play By Play: Joe Beninati
Color: Neil Smith
Reporters: Bob Harwood, Billy Jaffe

Radio
Play By Play: Dave Strader
Color: Darren Pang

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
is OLN still going to use CBC feeds for games in Edmonton?

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
I'm going to make the leap of faith that CBC won't be used, since Beninati and Neil Smith reported from Rexall during the 2nd intermission last night.

Off topic... my wife and I received a "Neilson TV diary" last week, runs from the 18th to the 24th. - Guess what channel has been on every night???

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Stevedude530 said:
Buffalo vs. Carolina
TV
Play By Play: Mike Emrick
Color: John Davidson
Reporting: Joe Micheletti (NBC), Chris Simpson (OLN)

It was announced in todays Buffalo News that John Davidson will be missing Game #3 (no reason given) and Ed Olcyzk will be taking his place.

LS...

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
*CoughDaveCheckettsCough*

I don't know, I'm not crazy about Olczyk as a game analyst, he's very dull.

Why not just let Doc do the whole damn thing on his own?

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
OLN will have Games 1 & 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals Live from Buffalo on June 5th and 7th at 8:00 PM.

They will air an (I believe) on-site pregame show in Western NY at 7:30 on both nights.

NBC airs games 3-7 on June 10, 12, 14, 17, and 19 at 8:00 PM. No pregame/postgame, but OLN will air NHL: On the Fly after all 5 games.

Mike Emrick and John Davidson have the call for both networks. Pierre McGuire and Joe Micheletti reporting for NBC, with Chris Simpson and Bob Harwood for OLN. The studio should consist of Bill Clement, Ray Ferraro and Eddie Olczyk for NBC and Clement, Keith Jones, Neil Smith, and either McGuire, Brian Engblom, or Olczyk.

No One

Dec 1, 2003
Staples Center
Visit site
Stevedude530 said:
OLN will have Games 1 & 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals Live from Buffalo on June 5th and 7th at 8:00 PM.

They will air an (I believe) on-site pregame show in Western NY at 7:30 on both nights.

Damn.. We are going to miss the first two games if Carolina wins game 7, i mean, with OLN already setting up in Buffalo. :)

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->