OLN Graphics Blunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voice of Reason

Jul 6, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
Not that it's the hugest thing going on, but, in an ad for an upcoming Coyote game to be shown on OLN, you would think they would at least spell "Gretzky" correctly. OLN spelled it G-R-E-T-Z-K-E-Y.
I could see bumbling some of the harder European names, but this guy is basically one of a handful of names the average moderate-to-low level NHL interest person knows.
Spellcheck is a wonderful thing, OLN. :shakehead

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Voice of Reason said:
Not that it's the hugest thing going on, but, in an ad for an upcoming Coyote game to be shown on OLN, you would think they would at least spell "Gretzky" correctly. OLN spelled it G-R-E-T-Z-K-E-Y.
I could see bumbling some of the harder European names, but this guy is basically one of a handful of names the average moderate-to-low level NHL interest person knows.
Spellcheck is a wonderful thing, OLN. :shakehead

To be fair, Gretzky is a European name.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
OLN is mom and pop only without the charm. I've only seen one game on that channel and it was one too many IMHO!!!

Wetcoaster

OLN did great with all those "Furriner" names when they broadcast the Tour de France.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
Steve L said:
I thought this was about having the score at the bottom of the screen obscuring half of the action.

Is there any reason not to have it out of the way at the top of the screen?

I hate the way they put the score at the bottom of the screen- no other broadcast does it like that- ESPN, FOX, etc. It is really irritating to have it covering up part of the action at the bottom. I am really surprised they would continue to put it there and not realize how it is obstructing the view. (I thought the NHL was trying to cut down on obstruction this season).

X0ssbar

Steve L said:
Is there any reason not to have it out of the way at the top of the screen?

I think the reason for the placement is so that the OLN logo/brand will be more apparent on highlights on other sports networks *cough* ESPN *cough*.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
at least they didn't misspell his name on the back of his jersey like the Rangers once did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad