OLN/Center Ice questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

73-JAS

Aug 30, 2005
Detroit
No. OLN has exclusive rights on Monday and Tuesday (kind of like how ESPN did it on their National Hockey Night). The game selected for OLN will only be on OLN.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
JWI19 said:
Sorry if this has been asked before. But when games are "exclusive" to the Outdoor Life Network will they also be shown on Center Ice?

Thanks

On the Canadian Center Ice providers, absolutely (unless said game is carried on TSN or RDS or a local station, in which case Canadian Center Ice subscribers would have to watch it there).

On the American Center Ice packages - it should be available on providers that offer Center Ice but don't offer OLN. For providers that DO offer OLN, that game won't be on Center Ice - they expect you to subscribe to OLN if you want to see that game.

The basic rule of thumb is "If it's broadcast on any station you can subscribe to, it's not on Center Ice. If it's broadcast somewhere, but on a station you can't subscribe to, it's on Center Ice."

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
alexk65 said:
wont it be on the regional stations for people that live in the area?

Nope, it's my understanding that those games will be on OLN only.

MassiveHabs

Jan 10, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Alright, this is some what speculation, but i could have sworn I heard bettman say during the release of My NHL, that outdoor is included in this years plans, so I guess my question is has anybody else heard anything aboot outdoor games and if so, who would cover them OLN? Cause when I ordered my CI, I was told there would be exclusive rights to certain games...

PLEASE BRING BACK THE OUTDOOR GAME!!!!

CupDrought67

Aug 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
MassiveHabs said:
Alright, this is some what speculation, but i could have sworn I heard bettman say during the release of My NHL, that outdoor is included in this years plans, so I guess my question is has anybody else heard anything aboot outdoor games and if so, who would cover them OLN? Cause when I ordered my CI, I was told there would be exclusive rights to certain games...

PLEASE BRING BACK THE OUTDOOR GAME!!!!

:nopity:

CofRed

Jul 28, 2005
Its my understanding that OLN in Canada does not show NHL games. Therefore, my Centre Ice package will show all the games?

Anybody have Centre Ice through Rogers and have a schedule yet?

Will I see preseason action?

Thanks

wint

Jun 10, 2002
Inside
Visit site
MassiveHabs said:
Alright, this is some what speculation, but i could have sworn I heard bettman say during the release of My NHL, that outdoor is included in this years plans
As in outdoor advertising (billboards, etc). I've heard nothing about an outdoor game, and since the schedule's done, I think it's not happening again this year.

Rooselk

Jan 24, 2004
Billings, MT
Center Ice in the US used to carry the ESPN games, so why wouldn't they carry the OLN games? Weren't the ESPN games also excusive?

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I have a similar question if anybody knows off hand.

For games like TSN on October 5th, where nationally they're televising Toronto v. Ottawa and Vancouver games but in Alberta they're showing the Flames and Oilers games, will I in Ontario be able to watch the Flames games on Centre Ice?

theo

Feb 22, 2005
I think its ridiculous that although we are 5 days away from opening night, the schedule for Center Ice still hasn't been released.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
theo said:
I think its ridiculous that although we are 5 days away from opening night, the schedule for Center Ice still hasn't been released.
My thoughts exactly.:shakehead

I have been trying to figure out what games to tape next week and do not even know what is being shown.:cry:

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
evegoe said:
Anyone know if the WJC will be on Center Ice. I remember reading about it a couple year ago, and thought, "Boy if I knew that earlier--I might pick up the package..."
According to the promo page for Center Ice on NHL.com they showed it before.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/centerice/index.html

In the U.S., NHL CENTER ICE subscribers have already seen
the World Junior Championships, the Heritage Classic from Edmonton,
the AHL All-Star Game, the ECHL All-Star Game
and many more great games and programs.
But it makes no statement about whether or not they will in the future.:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad