OLN Canada.. ***?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
I have no idea what the deal with OLN is. Their american stations pick up hockey games but their canadian stations don't? What boggles me even more is that OLN is partnership with TSN. Did they actually show a game tonight? I was busy watching NYY @ LAA so I didn't bother checking but it said they were showing some Piloting show marathon.

If so what a gip hockey should be televised on 2 channels every night atleast. NHL on the fly doesn't do it for me because I like focusing on one game. I'm pretty pissed at TSN too. Living in MTB I don't live in "Leafs Region" so ****** WWE raw doesn't get bumped for an awesome TOR @ OTT game that goes to a shootout. This is just hella frustrating.

Back to the main point can anybody tell me whether or not OLN CAN shows hockey games and if they don't is there any reason behind this? Guess I'm gonna have to defect to Sportsnet.. atleast I can count on them to show a hockey game. :rant: :madfire:

Zetterberg4Captain*

Since OLN Canada is in a partnership with TSN they are not allowed to broadcast games. TSN did not show a game tonight.

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
That's so stupid tho.. why can't they both show different games? I never got this partnership stuff... all I know is it fries my bacon.

Fleuryfan29

Apr 1, 2004
Barrie, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
Ovechkin8 said:
I have no idea what the deal with OLN is. Their american stations pick up hockey games but their canadian stations don't? What boggles me even more is that OLN is partnership with TSN. Did they actually show a game tonight? I was busy watching NYY @ LAA so I didn't bother checking but it said they were showing some Piloting show marathon.

If so what a gip hockey should be televised on 2 channels every night atleast. NHL on the fly doesn't do it for me because I like focusing on one game. I'm pretty pissed at TSN too. Living in MTB I don't live in "Leafs Region" so ****** WWE raw doesn't get bumped for an awesome TOR @ OTT game that goes to a shootout. This is just hella frustrating.

Back to the main point can anybody tell me whether or not OLN CAN shows hockey games and if they don't is there any reason behind this? Guess I'm gonna have to defect to Sportsnet.. atleast I can count on them to show a hockey game. :rant: :madfire:

This was the supposed to be the 1st Crosby National telecast tonight and they messed up royaly. When i tuned into my NHL Center Ice tonight @ 7pm I was shocked to see some show about tourguides?
Then a message came up saying "The Pittsburgh @ Buffalo game is currently unavalible". A couple of us Penguins fans were pretty mad about that, the game finaly came on in the middle of the 1st intermission.
Now about OLN in General, They should stick to nature and animal shows because Hockey is not there cup of coffee. The commentary was just awful and they accualy took coaches off the bench in the middle of the game (yes while there is play on the ice) to interview them. When the were interviewing EDZO, Buffalo scored.
No Sir, I don't like OLN!

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
Leafs region is lucky they get tons of hockey. But out west it's always bumped for wrestling or something not worth watching... I've heard OLN royally sucks ATM but maybe they will get better with time? I'm hoping at least.. I wish I had CenterIce or something because I'm tired of not being able to watch games. EDM @ ANA is not really what I'd call an exciting game as compared to BUF-PIT or OTT vs TOR.

Zetterberg4Captain*

Fleuryfan29 said:
Here in Ontario, The Leafs @ Ottawa game was on TSN.

Yeah Sportsnet Ontario also had it but it blacks out the hockey games for me and nothing else. It has the same stuff as sportsnet west besides the hockey games so its pretty stupid that they give me that channel.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Fleuryfan29 said:
The commentary was just awful and they accualy took coaches off the bench in the middle of the game (yes while there is play on the ice) to interview them. When the were interviewing EDZO, Buffalo scored.
No Sir, I don't like OLN!

I got the impression that the interview was being done as players returned to the benches before the period started, and simply tape delayed and just happened to be playing when the goal was scored.

:help:

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Ovechkin8 said:
That's so stupid tho.. why can't they both show different games? I never got this partnership stuff... all I know is it fries my bacon.

OLN Canada is not affiliated with Comcast's OLN. Totally different stations, even if they have similar mandates.

TSN has the Canadian cable rights, not OLN. Also, OLN Canada's licence does not allow it to air hockey games, so they would have to petition the CRTC for the rights to broadcast games.

Hockeystatic

Aug 3, 2005
Ovechkin8 said:

Even then... for some odd reason last night the game was blackout in the east even though it was presented on sportsnet west. It seems it'll be harder to get our hockey fix this year. :sarcasm:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Drury_Sakic said:
I got the impression that the interview was being done as players returned to the benches before the period started, and simply tape delayed and just happened to be playing when the goal was scored.

:help:

It was. The reactions on the bench and with Edzo and what was going on did not match at all. I think the announcers said something real quick about it too.

Regardless, I hate player interviews enough...but coach interviews?

What is this, Monday Night Football?

Stop it.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
therealdeal said:
Here in Alberta TSN showed WWE, way to go guys. :shakehead

TSN couldnt show the Leafs game in Alberta. It was a regional broadcast, so limited to the Leafs region only.

Kruky

Jul 30, 2005
Ottawa
therealdeal said:
Here in Alberta TSN showed WWE, way to go guys. :shakehead

Same here in Ottawa. I was lucky while flipping channels to get the Sens-Leafs game on TSNS. Usually I don't have that channel. It also played on Rogers local channel 22 but I don't have that since I got Express Vue.

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
OLN Canada is not licensed by the CRTC to show stick or ball sports so even if the channels were the same you wouldn't be getting hockey games up here with the Canadian OLN.

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
I had the great pleasure of watching a bit of the DAL vs. PHO game telecast by OLN yesterday.. you guys are right.. they zoom in way too far and because of that the camera has to rapidly move when there is a pass.. it was giving me headaches so I turned it off. Fix this please OLN or no one will ever take you seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->