OLN adds/removes three games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
I was looking at the schedule on OLN's site and was sure that beforehand there was only one Carolina game scheduled but now a second was listed. I went and found the original schedule and found that some other games had been added/removed as well. Here are the two schedules and the differences I found. If I got anything wrong, please correct me.

Old schedule: http://www.nhl.com/schedules/oln_sked.html
New schedule: http://www.olntv.com/nw/article/view/1367/?tf=NHLTVSchedule.tpl&UserDef=true

Game changes:
Mar 6 - Islanders/Capitals has been changed to Canadiens/Flyers
Mar 21 - Thrashers/Bruins has been changed to Penguins/Senators
Apr 18 - Blues/Blackhawks has been changed to Hurricanes/Sabres

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm glad they're going to show a game from Ottawa. Americans should get to see how talented this team is.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Beauty said:
I disagree. I'd rather see Ovechkin and the Caps than Forsberg and the Flyers (for the millionth time). :shakehead

The Caps and Flyers have been on OLN the same number of times

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Do we really need more Pens games stinking up OLN? Their games have been largely brutal this year, especially that back-to-back against Detroit and St. Louis.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Tjardus Greidanus said:
People want to see Crosby and Fleury, simple as that.

The Pens are the biggest travelling roadshow in the league.
I think the move had more to do with the Sens than the Penguins. This will be the only Sens game on OLN.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
go kim johnsson 514 said:
I'm glad they're going to show a game from Ottawa. Americans should get to see how talented this team is.

Too bad Canadians dont...

Good decision by OLN.

dok101

Jan 2, 2006
New York
KingofCrunk said:
They have talent that just for whatever reason does not play well. I have no desire to see such a struggling team with very little identity.

I hear you. When we were really stinking up the NHL back in the 90's, it really didn't get to me as it does now since I know we are capable of playing much better.

StevenintheATL

Jun 12, 2004
The ATL!
Tjardus Greidanus said:
People want to see Crosby and Fleury, simple as that.

The Pens are the biggest travelling roadshow in the league.

More like traveling freakshow.......

Give the fans what they want, more games of the probable Hart and Richard Trophy winner Kovalchuk, not the probably runnerup for the Calder Trophy Crosby (He could be whining his way out of winning it...).

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Well, there goes pretty much our only chance to see a home game on TV this year...

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
ScottyBowman said:
OLN is like having the center ice package for the Penguins.

Thank you! I couldn't afford Center Ice this season so OLN is my only salvation for watching hockey other than the Lightning local telecasts. I'm sick of Pittsburg and the Crosby love-fests. Show me some other teams, and not Philly again either.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Looking at the original list of OLN games, the one released prior to the regular season, this, from what I see, is how the broadcasts broke down (not counting mid-season changes) by team:

8 NYR, Boston, St. Louis, Detroit, Colorado
7 Philly, Pittsburgh, Dallas
6 Washington, Minnesota
5 Tampa Bay, Chicago
4 NYI, San Jose, Los Angeles, Phoenix
3 (none)
2 New Jersey, Montreal, Buffalo, Atlanta, Florida, Anaheim
1 Carolina, Columbus, Nashville, Vancouver, Calgary
0 Ottawa, Toronto, Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad