Prospect Info: Olli Juolevi, Pt. VII | "Not A Tkachuk Thread" Edition | WJC postmortem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
e1352f94ed3d2588f0e8d896c70d562b.png

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Going to say it for this thread too:

I get a kick that we include Juolevi’s +\-. When do we add his corsi?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Can we add his controlled zone exits/touch/60 please.

But i think I'll like this thread 'version' best... loving the reports this season.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
looks like he lost a tight game to heskainen's team today but neither appeared on the scoresheet. anyone watch it and have a review on how they both played?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Bears repeating that while Tkachuk would look great in a Canuck uni, they do have a boat-load of young forwards enroute like Gaudette, Lind, Pettersson and Gadjovich, while Horvat, Boeser and Goldobin are already here.....but that blueline...Yikes!....After Juolevi and Tryamkin who's no longer here, who else do they have in the pipeline? Hutton and Stecher look like they've plateaued and nobody in Utica jumps off the page. Unless Juolevi falls flat on his face, he's virtually the only d-man they have on the prospect depth-chart.

member 290103

Bears repeating that while Tkachuk would look great in a Canuck uni, they do have a boat-load of young forwards enroute like Gaudette, Lind, Pettersson and Gadjovich, while Horvat, Boeser and Goldobin are already here.....but that blueline...Yikes!....After Juolevi and Tryamkin who's no longer here, who else do they have in the pipeline? Hutton and Stecher look like they've plateaued and nobody in Utica jumps off the page. Unless Juolevi falls flat on his face, he's virtually the only d-man they have on the prospect depth-chart.

Stecher and Hutton have plateaued? I was not aware that d-men typically plateau in their 2nd or 3rd NHL seasons. Good to know.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Stecher and Hutton have plateaued? I was not aware that d-men typically plateau in their 2nd or 3rd NHL seasons. Good to know.
I don't think they have much projection left to be honest. I don't see much room for further development so I think you're looking at #4/5 type defenseman on a good team.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

So you trade one of these young forwards for a comparable defensive prospect with a team that has a surplus of young defenceman. Always go BPA.

Reactions: travis scott

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So you trade one of these young forwards for a comparable defensive prospect with a team that has a surplus of young defenceman. Always go BPA.
It's a nice thought, but teams that actually draft impact d-men in the first round are reluctant to trade them for a forward prospect. You usually have to sweeten the pot with either another roster player or a draft pick. Said it before but bears repeating....when you assess the Canucks' prospect pool, the blueline is definitely their weakest link.

member 290103

a good tea
I don't think they have much projection left to be honest. I don't see much room for further development so I think you're looking at #4/5 type defenseman on a good team.

Too early to say this. Stecher, especially, is a very smart player that I can forsee as a top 4 guy at his peak. Hutton? You may be right. He's a guy that seems to make a lot of poor plays with the puck. Regardless, at their age, pretty early to be concluding that they have peaked.

member 105785

is there still a post cap for threads? I've seen other threads go 50+ pages

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
it took 7 posts this time for tkachuk to come up.

i think we're improving.

But now it's in the title lol.

Well all jokes aside, let's see what OJ can bring to NHL next year. Hoping for significant improvement because this year was underwhelming to say the least.

Reactions: Regal

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
19 year old defensemen scoring at a near point-per-game clip in a solid men's league under the watchful eye of one of the best defenders in Canucks history. I know there's a love affair with Tkachuk out there, but damn. I think Juolevi is going to be a damn good player for this team for a long time.

Not sure how strong that league is when a pair of 40 year olds who couldn't hack it in the NHL are leading the team in scoring.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Alot of ppl eanted Chychrun if they went with a dman.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not sure how strong that league is when a pair of 40 year olds who couldn't hack it in the NHL are leading the team in scoring.

Then you can't really respect any other league than the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad