Olli Jokinen joining team Finland

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
Raimo Sillanpää said:
Defenrs like so far, expect scratch Mäntylä, Malmivaara into his place and let him warm the bench until we really need a shakeup.
There is no room for Malmivaara on the roster any more :teach:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Finland should win this tournament. They have a very good team, all the way through their lineup. Jokinen is just a bonus.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
yarre said:

+1... I want Zubov, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Fedorov, Yashin, Markov, Kovalev, Khabibulin, Nabokov, Afinogenov, Morozov, Samsonov, Frolov, Gonchar, Zhitnik, the Kozlovs, Zvinovjev and others on a plane to Riga this INSTANT! :rant:

Hensta

May 10, 2005
Kuusamo,Finland
Welcome Olli! This is HUGE!!! :bow:
Your Lion Heart is big! So is your head :D
But, you are an excellent hockey player!

Finland -> going for gold!!!

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Slitty said:
+1... I want Zubov, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Fedorov, Yashin, Markov, Kovalev, Khabibulin, Nabokov, Afinogenov, Morozov, Samsonov, Frolov, Gonchar, Zhitnik, the Kozlovs, Zvinovjev and others on a plane to Riga this INSTANT! :rant:

Why? So they would play not like a team once again :) In my opinion enough is enough, those are great players but fitting them to a team and making them play the "right" system would be quite hard in this time.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
My line suggestions:

Peltonen-O.Jokinen-Kallio
J.Jokinen-Koivu-T.Ruutu
Miettinen-Pirnes-Rita
Bergenheim-Hahl-J.Ruutu

13. Hentunen

I wouldn't touch at 83 line and 4th line, because of their stellar play against USA. Bergenheim was absolutely brilliant and I think Kallio was also good, he just didn't hit between the post.

If this won't click I would try and switch Kallio/Bergenheim. Only our 3rd line keeps me thinking. Miettinen is playing well, he hits and drives to the net. Rita is still looking and so is Hentunen.

I would send Viuhkola back to Finland, he hasn't been able to make plays and has been quite soft.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
Le Golie said:
Finland should win this tournament. They have a very good team, all the way through their lineup. Jokinen is just a bonus.

In my books Canada went straight to favourite after Latvija game. Even if the refereering was what it was.

Still great to hear OJ is coming. :yo: I hope he is in good shape after almoust 1 month (?) without a game :dunno:

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Shack said:
My line suggestions:

J.Jokinen-Koivu-T.Ruutu
Miettinen-Pirnes-Rita
Bergenheim-Hahl-J.Ruutu

13. Hentunen

I wouldn't touch at 83 line and 4th line, because of their stellar play against USA. Bergenheim was absolutely brilliant and I think Kallio was also good, he just didn't hit between the post.

If this won't click I would try and switch Kallio/Bergenheim. Only our 3rd line keeps me thinking. Miettinen is playing well, he hits and drives to the net. Rita is still looking and so is Hentunen.

I would send Viuhkola back to Finland, he hasn't been able to make plays and has been quite soft.

I agree completely, Viuhkola (slow, soft and not creative enough) hasn't impressed at all and 3rd & 4th lines need to stay as they are.

Kyri

Apr 5, 2002
Visit site
Shack said:

Exactly.

J.Jokinen-Koivu-T.Ruutu

Miettinen-Santala/Pirnes-Hentunen/Rita
J.Ruutu-Hahl-Bergenheim

I would go with these lines. Santala, Pirnes, Hentunen and Rita will fight for the last remaining places in lineup in the next two games.

I like Viuhkola as a player, but he`s been too slow and because of that he can`t control the game like he usually does.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Peltonen-O.Jokinen-J.Jokinen/Miettinen
Hentunen-Viuhkola-Kallio
Miettinen/Jokinen-Koivu-T.Ruutu
J.Ruutu-Hahl-Bergenheim
Santala

If the 2nd is not workin you can make easily change the lines like:

Jokinen-Koivu-T.Ruutu
Hentunen-Santala-Miettinen
J.Ruutu-Hahl-Bergenheim
Viuhkola
(bolded ones will be playin in that formation)
I think EW wont be making too big changes, Viuhkola line has been good enough. And they´ve been good on PP.

Why i left Santala on the roster is because he is big, plays well with Miettinen and he has better offensive skills than Pirnes. Pirnes wouldnt be bad choise either but i think Tommi has the egde. On the other hand Rita could be there too because T.Ruutu and J.Jokinen can play as center, but his ice-time has been minimal.

Last edited:

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
The FIN roster against NOR
has been announced:

Goalie Norrena

1st Peltonen - O.Jokinen - Miettinen
2nd Kallio - Pirnes - Hentunen
3rd J.Jokinen - Koivu - T.Ruutu
4th J.Ruutu - Hahl - Bergenheim

Rita or Santala as the 13th warrior
Luoma as the 7th def

Looks ok to me.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Caz said:
The FIN roster against NOR
has been announced:

Goalie Norrena

1st Peltonen - O.Jokinen - Miettinen
2nd Kallio - Pirnes - Hentunen
3rd J.Jokinen - Koivu - T.Ruutu
4th J.Ruutu - Hahl - Bergenheim

Rita or Santala as the 13th warrior
Luoma as the 7th def

Looks ok to me.

I think so also. Hopefully our first will click, if not I would switch Kallio/Miettinen.
3rd and 4th are stellar lines.

magical hippo

Feb 25, 2006
I am not 100% happy about Olli joining the team. He tends to get stupid penalties in important games...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->