Recalled/Assigned: Oliver Kylington, Pat Sieloff, and Turner Elson recalled

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It wasn't a comment on his future as an NHL'er, but more so on his future as a Flame. Him not even getting a cup of coffee despite being an imminent RFA and losing his waiver exemption status says a lot about what management thinks of him. Even Drew Shore, who hasn't even been as good as Arnold with the Heat, got a game, maybe two with the Flames.

Based on that, I wouldn't be surprised if the Flames only offer an AHL deal or just walk away entirely. But who knows, maybe they plan on using their last recall on him.

Shore has been much better than Arnold. Arnold hasn't had the best of years.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
It wasn't a comment on his future as an NHL'er, but more so on his future as a Flame. Him not even getting a cup of coffee despite being an imminent RFA and losing his waiver exemption status says a lot about what management thinks of him. Even Drew Shore, who hasn't even been as good as Arnold with the Heat, got a game, maybe two with the Flames.

Based on that, I wouldn't be surprised if the Flames only offer an AHL deal or just walk away entirely. But who knows, maybe they plan on using their last recall on him.

Or maybe the Flames think Arnold will clear waivers, could use another year of seasoning and just staying healthy, and are otherwise still happy with Bill Arnold, (and Ryan Culkin for that matter)

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Micheal Ferland should pay attention to how the smaller Turner Elson plays the game, he will learn something about the tenacity he needs to play with.

Ferland to 100TG be like:

MarioBalotelli.jpg

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I hope Kylington get's 20+ minutes of ice.

Pls

There is nothing else exciting about a game where I want us to lose, so I want to cheer at least one player (besides wanting Mony to get a hat-trick).

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
How has Sieloff been this year?
He was a really interesting pick just for the physical presence on a team USA guy, but since that year of missed hockey things around him have been quiet.
I get that our blue line was over-crowded this season but he might be in trouble when his contract expires next year if he isn't more of a story in the AHL.

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
He was a really interesting pick just for the physical presence on a team USA guy, but since that year of missed hockey things around him have been quiet.
I get that our blue line was over-crowded this season but he might be in trouble when his contract expires next year if he isn't more of a story in the AHL.

He's not refined. Will make mistakes like turning the puck over at the red line walls with no one behind him.

But he's won me over. The NHL upside is still very much there in my opinion.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
People wrote him off after he missed over a year with his staph infection and the injury he suffered in Windsor. Last year he played scared and it really hurt him, he admitted that he was too worried about not getting hurt that it made it impossible for him to be effective. Towards the end of the season he started turning it around and it has carried into this year. He's brought his physical game and he really improved with the puck. The upside is still there IMO and the contrast between his game and that have Kylington's has made them good partners.

TkachuckNotTkaczuk

Jan 21, 2015
Seattle
Looking forward to seeing three more prospects for the first time in NHL game action. Meaningless game but NHL nonetheless.

Is Kylington really that high first round talent that he was touted as going into his draft year or is he truly a player that should have been picked where he was. I'm willing to guess he should have been a first, he obviously has the skill and skating ability and we all know the defensive side of the game can be taught, were as skill can't.

I have a feeling we will be looking at that 2015 draft as a game changer in the coming years, I mean the talent of Kylington, Andersson and Mangiapane? Plus the trade of all trades? Bruce and Karnaukhov I don't have as much hope for but one never knows how they will develop as pros if given the chance. Looking forward to seeing how Mangiapane's game translates to the pros next year. Just don't understand how this kid slipped through the cracks for almost two whole drafts?

Still a ways to go to but have a good feeling about the players we took.

OvermanKingGainer

Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Looking forward to seeing three more prospects for the first time in NHL game action. Meaningless game but NHL nonetheless.

Is Kylington really that high first round talent that he was touted as going into his draft year or is he truly a player that should have been picked where he was. I'm willing to guess he should have been a first, he obviously has the skill and skating ability and we all know the defensive side of the game can be taught, were as skill can't.

Kylington is not a player who should have gone top 5, which is where he was ranked early. Yes the talent is there but with the long lead time he does carry enough risk that it would have been a mistake to draft him top 5.

If we drafted Kylington at 15, I would have been a bit choked only because Kyle Connor was there as well as Matthew Barzal and Brock Boeser.

But Oliver Kylington should have gone top 20 in last year's draft and could end up the best defenseman in the whole draft - yes I think he will be better than Werenski or Hanifin or the likes of Chabot / Zboril / Roy. I'm not sure he will be better than Provorov but Provorov was my #3 in last year's draft after Eichel and McDavid.

What's awesome is he's not the only great pick from that draft. Andersson is very impressive we could very well have the #2 and #3 best defensemen from the draft.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I'm hoping he gets some solid minutes instead of the ridiculous 8-14 minutes that are usually given to the 3rd pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad