Oliver Bjorkstrand

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I'm sorry that you find mention of Murray's offensive statistics offensive.

ZW's offensive output would dwarf those of a lot of young defensemen in the league. It just seemed a little weird to single out Murray in this comparison, when I don't recall Murray ever being touted for his offensive prowess even when he was drafted.

In the end, I was just having some fun. I said in the Ryan Murray thread that he hasn't met my admittedly high expectations that I had when he was drafted, but I do wonder if the heat he's been taking the last while is a bit over-done.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
A tremendous rookie season doesn't = elite player.

Barret Jackman, Aaron Ekblad, and Tyler Myers won Calders. Not elite players.

Werenski ;) has more to show before he's elite.

Pretty silly. Jackman has never averaged .63 ppg, especially as a rookie. Neither has Ekblad. Myers was the only one even close at .58.

Winning a Calder has nothing to do with being elite or not.

To give you an idea, Karlsson didn't come close to what Werenski did his rookie year.

I understand being cautious but this kid the best D we've had by a mile. If you watch him and Jones, Jones isn't in his league.

I'm not going to convince you and frankly I really don't want to try, I just wanted mainly to point out how silly the comparisons were. As of today, right now, Werenski is among the elites in the league. Will he regress? I doubt it. You know one of the things that is going to help is production and keep him up there? He's averaging almost 3 shots on goal per game.

Last edited:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
:laugh:

Look, I love Werenski, but Jones is currently our best defenseman. Period.

I love people who end statements with "period". I mean that really sways people.

Jones is a great player, but offensively he's not in the same league as Werenski. All around game, Jones is currently better - no surprise there he's played a lot more games.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I love people who end statements with "period". I mean that really sways people.

Jones is a great player, but offensively he's not in the same league as Werenski. All around game, Jones is currently better - no surprise there he's played a lot more games.

The 5 on 5 scoring rates - p/60 - for our big 3:

Savard 1.14 (10th leaguewide)
Jones 1.10 (13th)
Werenski .95 (32nd)

5 on 4:

Werenski 5.71 (3rd)
Jones 3.57 (33rd)
Savard - not on the PP.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...nse&minutes=1000&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
WTF is going on in this thread?

It's the Oliver Bjorkstrand thread. You know where we talk about Werenski (Who has his own thread), Jones (who has at least 1/2 a thread, the one about the trade), Murray (who has his own thread) and Savard who may or may not have a thread. Thread integrity is long time gone.

Who would you rather face in the first round of the playoffs? Ottawa or the Isles? :laugh:

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It's the Oliver Bjorkstrand thread. You know where we talk about Werenski (Who has his own thread), Jones (who has at least 1/2 a thread, the one about the trade), Murray (who has his own thread) and Savard who may or may not have a thread. Thread integrity is long time gone.

Who would you rather face in the first round of the playoffs? Ottawa or the Isles? :laugh:
I think we need some vezina discussion in here as well

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Seems like it might have swayed you a tad :dunno:

lol, not in the slightest. Nuance is lost around here. Why don't you try and NOT to take the quote out of context; you missed the distinction as you chopped off part of it.

Last edited:

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

At this point, this thread has the lane discipline of Prout.

nativecbj

Jan 16, 2014
Dayton, OH
I came here for the Oli (I want to call him Oli? Is that ok? Whatever, I don't care, I'm calling him that.) slobfest...

I'll keep looking...

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
It's the Oliver Bjorkstrand thread. You know where we talk about Werenski (Who has his own thread), Jones (who has at least 1/2 a thread, the one about the trade), Murray (who has his own thread) and Savard who may or may not have a thread.
Code:
Thread
integrity is long time gone.

Fixed it for you - Integrity is long time gone.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
lol, not in the slightest. Nuance is lost around here. Why don't you try and NOT to take the quote out of context; you missed the distinction as you chopped off part of it.

I'm not taking anything out of context. I'm highlighting points that seem incongruent.

If you think that Jones' all-around game is currently better, then how is he not in Werenski's league? And while I take Werenski on offense no doubt, Jones is still demonstrably good at producing points.

If you were just using hyperbole when saying Jones isn't in Werenski's league, then fine. But right now Jones is our #1 defenseman and that's just a fact.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
You know you team is solid when this is the current board debate.

Makes me :)

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I came here for the Oli (I want to call him Oli? Is that ok? Whatever, I don't care, I'm calling him that.) slobfest...

I'll keep looking...

as a danish citizen, i can allow that...would personally had gone with ollie for no reason that makes sense.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I'm not taking anything out of context. I'm highlighting points that seem incongruent.

You are killing me. Werenski has a much better offensive game. His vision, he passing, his shot. He's better in two of the 3 zones.

Jones is more polished, which should be a "no duh" since he's been it he league a lot longer.

Now I'm done with this conversation, you should have understood what I was saying. You clearly just wanted to argue since you removed the "offensive" portion of the post. That is clearly what I was saying when I said "not in his league".

However continue to think that you moved my position. It's been the same this entire thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad