Olesz potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Ok, I know that kind of thread can be boring, but I want to know how Olesz is expected to play in a few years.... they were concerns about is offensive habilities last year, but according to his stats this year, it doesn't seem to be a problem right now at the NHL level. I know he plays with heart, but can't figure out according to what I read what kind of game he plays and what player he could be compared too (please keep your feets on earth when answering that question ;) ).... is he a new Holik? or better? Thanks!

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Just read an interview of him soon after the drafted.... he compare his stile to Havlat, with a bit of Varada in the nose..... is that your tought?

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
IMO, Olesz has been playing like a seasoned veteran for the Panthers so far. Offensively, he protects the puck extremely well (ala Jagr) and has displayed terrific stickhandling/creativity with the puck. He hardly avoids the big traffic areas and he has a pretty accurate shot. Defensively, he has been a mainstay on the penalty kill, especially during 5-on-3 disadvantages with Bouwmeester and Weiss. He's a very complete player and hope he continues to progress in his developement.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Wow, just read he will be in Turin for the Olympics!

Still, I would like names for comparison if possible.... and that name doesn't need to be an European. His he a bigger version of Morrow/Brown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad