Confirmed Trade: Oleksiak to Pittsburgh for a 2019 4th

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Is this supposed to be a trade for a roster player for the Penguins? I don't understand the trade of Ian Cole that everyone wants. Who is going to play D for the Penguins? Oleksiak? He's terrible. Has Ian Cole stated he wants a bunch of money or something. I am just super confused. Ian Cole is a good player. Oleksiak is not.

Reactions: Trade

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I know nothing about him- any Stars fans want to give a breakdown?

Needed a change in scenery. Not very good at passing the puck and almost no offense side (but has shown some nice hands at time and has a hard shot). Can be an absolute disaster in his own zone. Big hitter and one of the best fighters in the league. He' 6'7 like 250 pounds too

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Really like this trade from a Stars POV. The 4th round pick is conditional as well and the conditions are that Dallas gets whichever Pens 4th round pick comes first. Oleksiak badly needed a change in scenery and most Dallas fans badly wanted him gone because we just have no room for him here anymore he had his chances. For Pens fans, he is at his best when he is hitting hard and fighting a lot, you'll enjoy the fights he gets in trust me. He dominates them

Reactions: Kuola

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
Needed a change in scenery. Not very good at passing the puck and almost no offense side (but has shown some nice hands at time and has a hard shot). Can be an absolute disaster in his own zone. Big hitter and one of the best fighters in the league. He' 6'7 like 250 pounds too

Sounds like the direction JR has been taking the team in. So, ya know, that sucks.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
For him to replace Cole, he needs to be physical and block shots, because that's basically all that Cole does.

Lucky for you, the only good thing about Oleksiak is he is 6'7 and a very hard hitting physical dman. Has proven he can block shots as well a change in scenery should be good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad