Confirmed with Link: Oleksiak to PIT for conditional 2019 4th

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
We have one of the best defensive groups in the league, the stats back it up, and it's because Oleksiak and Nemeth are no longer here.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Nemeth always looked like he'd become a regular NHL'er. So not surprised by his season

Oleksaik has the size but he can't keep up with the speed of the NHL. He can't think at a fast pace. Wouldn't be shocked if he was off of the Pens roster sometime next year

Reactions: Kcb12345

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Love to use +/- to evaluate defensemen

Nemeth's PDO is over 104.

That being said, I'd rather have Nemeth than Methot.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
We have one of the best defensive groups in the league, the stats back it up, and it's because Oleksiak and Nemeth are no longer here.

Most of us would simply credit Hitch and Wilson. And maybe JO. I mean the coaches and GM had to see what the average fan saw with our "eye test." Even if we are a bit shortsighted, our hindsight is always 20-20.....

I have always felt Hitch's apparent bromance with Jamie O in training camp was a matter of the Stars trying to build him up for trade value. Nice job, got his value all the way up to a low 4th round pick. I can see it though. Pens would say we got a much better Mehtot for a 4th, how much more could JO be worth. LOL.

Going from last to third in the D stats is more than any of us could have hoped for with Hitch. Yes, we are mid pack in scoring after this last little drought, but Benn and somewhat Radulov have been cold, and other than Janmark, our second level scorers are all in a slump.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
It's 100% a real statement.

Methot, when healthy, brings no value to the team at his caphit of 4.9M.

Methot, when injured, brings negative value to the team at his caphit of 4.9M.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
You’re also saying that with the hindsight of seeing Nemeth get good reviews in Colorado.

Can’t speak for Satan, but I was never in the Methot camp. I didn’t like the move at the time and thought he was way overrated and said so at the time. The thought that Nemeth had the ability to be as good or better than Methot wasn’t such a far fetch idea given the fact that the Methot bar was never that high to begin with. You didn’t need hindsight to come to that conclusion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad