"Old guy" prospect - Damien Brunner

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hey everyone... Ive been following this guy over in the Swiss league absolutely tearing it up... He had signed a 1 year NHL deal to come play in Detroit this year but is in Europe still obviously due to no NHL. He has obviously made the initial commitment to play in the NHL but if there is no season this year, he will become a UFA after this season because it was just a 1 year deal he signed with Detroit. What does everyone think he will do if the NHL season is cancelled?? Re-sign with Detroit again? or do you think other teams will now offer him a larger contract and he will sign elsewhere??? I am intrigued by this guy and am curious!!

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Hey everyone... Ive been following this guy over in the Swiss league absolutely tearing it up... He had signed a 1 year NHL deal to come play in Detroit this year but is in Europe still obviously due to no NHL. He has obviously made the initial commitment to play in the NHL but if there is no season this year, he will become a UFA after this season because it was just a 1 year deal he signed with Detroit. What does everyone think he will do if the NHL season is cancelled?? Re-sign with Detroit again? or do you think other teams will now offer him a larger contract and he will sign elsewhere??? I am intrigued by this guy and am curious!!

I think he'll re-sign in Detroit.

Aug 6, 2012

I don't see why he would go anywhere else. He's also playing with Zetterberg in the NLA.

Wingsfan2965*

Dec 30, 2011
I'm sure money talks but you'd be kinda dumb to leave the only team that wanted to give you a chance.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Exactly what I'm thinking.. Money definately does talk... Id imagine he would re sign in detroit too, but if hes offered waaay more somewhere else, it would be a no brainer for everyone to follow the cash!!

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I'm sure money talks but you'd be kinda dumb to leave the only team that wanted to give you a chance.

Well if I remember right, there where up to 10 teams, that offered him a contract, but he cuts his own list down to Tampa and Detroit as frontrunners.
So I can' t see him signing anywhere else and I don't think Tampa is still an option as they will have so many NHL ready prospects this summer (at least 5, up to 8 )

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Exactly what I'm thinking.. Money definately does talk... Id imagine he would re sign in detroit too, but if hes offered waaay more somewhere else, it would be a no brainer for everyone to follow the cash!!

that would be great in a free market but there isn't going to be more money in the next CBA for guys like Brunner only less money.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
that would be great in a free market but there isn't going to be more money in the next CBA for guys like Brunner only less money.

It depends on the CBA. Brunner and Roman Cervenka were bound by the previous CBA and could only sign one year ELC deals because both were 26 last offseason. If the UFA age doesn't change with the next CBA, both would be in line for contracts with more guaranteed money. Both guys signed for 925K + performance bonuses for 2012-13.

If Brunner were hypothetically to be UFA, a team could conceivably offer him a multiyear contract with a higher guaranteed salary.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Well if your talking money, how much does he make right now? Cause I doubt its over 500k

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00