Okposo

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Could this kid be ready to make the jump next season? If so, do you think he'd be a solid point producer in his first year? I'm not sure if there will be room for him, however if Smyth leaves there could be a spot on the top-line open.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
For both of your questions, yes, and maybe.

I think he'll have a similar first year to Jeff Carter. I'm a big fan of Okposo, and have seen him play quite a bit. He should get 2nd line duty.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
Could this kid be ready to make the jump next season? If so, do you think he'd be a solid point producer in his first year? I'm not sure if there will be room for him, however if Smyth leaves there could be a spot on the top-line open.

yes to number one.

no to number two (if his first season is next season).

personally, i want the kid to play another season with minny. he develops another year and the isles get a better 7 years out of him (before ufa) the longer they wait. i'd rather have him from 20-27 rather than 19-26. it's only one year, but i think that extra year will make a big difference in his rookie season, which, hopefully, is 2008-2009.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
True, and we have other guys who are scratching the surface in Tambellini, Bergenheim and Comeau who will probably get the nod ahead of him. I'm just really excited about this kid though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->