Okposo, Oshie and Toews...

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Could anyone give me the GP and PTS of these players thus far in the season?

Thank-you very much in advance.

Opinions (ranked) don't hurt either... but I am curious to see what the numbers are.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
I can tell you one thing.

Kyle Okposo is going to be a STAR in the NHL.

He's got a complete game. Best Freshman I've seen since Vanek, and he's on that level, perhaps dare i say better?

He's got kessel's freshmen year beat forsure, and imo a much better all around player and just as flashy when he needs to be.

Then I'd rank Toews and oshie last.

War Admiral

Mar 24, 2006
Long Island
I can tell you one thing.

Kyle Okposo is going to be a STAR in the NHL.He's got a complete game. Best Freshman I've seen since Vanek, and he's on that level, perhaps dare i say better?

He's got kessel's freshmen year beat forsure, and imo a much better all around player and just as flashy when he needs to be.

Then I'd rank Toews and oshie last.

I think I speak for all Islander fans...From your lips to the hockey god's ears.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Okposo has really surprised me this year. I thought he'd have a Skille-ish freshman season. What's even stranger is that 5 of Minnesota's top scorers figure in the top 10 in the WCHA (as well as a stray Minnesota State player).

They're ranked 3-4-5-6-7!

bullsville

May 13, 2006
Toews will play with the Blackhawks next year
Oshie will be a very good player
And Okposo...well i was sceptycal with him,but he is showing that he is a good player

GSK*

Okposo imo will be a gift of god for the Islanders fans.

TJ Oshie will help a lot the St Louis Blues with Johnson they're going in a good way..

For Toews I never seem him play, I was thinking he was over hype a lot, but I can't say anything wront to about him so.

I'll take Okposo over Toews and Oshie, he's good in all aspect, I was a big fan of him and Trevor Lewis when they was playing for the Buccaners, now Lewis is doing well in the OHL.

bullsville

May 13, 2006
Okposo imo will be a gift of god for the Islanders fans.

TJ Oshie will help a lot the St Louis Blues with Johnson they're going in a good way..

For Toews I never seem him play, I was thinking he was over hype a lot, but I can't say anything wront to about him so.

I'll take Okposo over Toews and Oshie, he's good in all aspect, I was a big fan of him and Trevor Lewis when they was playing for the Buccaners, now Lewis is doing well in the OHL.

No way Okposo is better than Toews

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006

IMO it really is hard to say who's better at this point. Toews was a better player 2 years ago at Shattuck. He moved into the WCHA very quickly last year...and although Okposo was arguably the leagues best player, he was still just in the USHL. Even so, Toews seems to be having a so-so year and hasn't been able (with Oshie) to put together much of a run...while Okposo is adjust extemely quickly and looks like he has a good chance to be the NCAA's ROY. I think they're coming down the stretch pretty closely at this point.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
i'd take okposo over toews everyday of the week.

He's the best player in the WCHA imo.

To call him the best player in the league after 16 games is a bit much.
Hell, he might not even be the best freshman in the league this year.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Neither Toews (shoulder) nor Oshie (hand) has been healthy for almost this whole season. I think each played about four games before getting hurt, and they are just now getting back to 100%. Their numbers, which don't stink as it is, should improve in the second half.

That said, I have nothing bad to say about Okposo, who is having a great year.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
To call him the best player in the league after 16 games is a bit much.
Hell, he might not even be the best freshman in the league this year.

im a wild fan and id trade pouliot and sheppard in a second for this kid.

Okposo has it all, he can skate, chisled body, tough to take off the puck, he can get gritty goals and also has the flash as we have all seen. When all is said and done in 5 years, I think people will recognize him as the best player from the 2006 draft.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
im a wild fan and id trade pouliot and sheppard in a second for this kid.

Okposo has it all, he can skate, chisled body, tough to take off the puck, he can get gritty goals and also has the flash as we have all seen. When all is said and done in 5 years, I think people will recognize him as the best player from the 2006 draft.

And that's all well and good. I still don't think he's already the best player in the league and as I said, when the year is done, he may not be considered the best freshman either.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site

Just out of curiosity, have you actually gotten to seem both these guys play or is your conclusion based solely on draft position?

I've only seek Okposo on TV and haven't watched Toews at all. So, I'm not willing to say that one is better than the other. But, I don't think that Toews draft position tells us much at this point. If the draft happened today, Okposo might well go higher.

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
Just out of curiosity, have you actually gotten to seem both these guys play or is your conclusion based solely on draft position?

I've only seek Okposo on TV and haven't watched Toews at all. So, I'm not willing to say that one is better than the other. But, I don't think that Toews draft position tells us much at this point. If the draft happened today, Okposo might well go higher.

I'm exactly the opposite on seeing Toews but not Okposo.

Being a Hawk fan, of course, I'll be bias, but Toews was great his freshman year, and this year, it's hard to put consistently good play together when your hurt. There really is no denying that if you've pretty much played any sport.

But that said, Okposo sounds like a stud. I really hope he turns out for the Isles because you guys deserve, like we do, a couple stars and a turn in the right direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->