Okposo or Sheppard ?

Transported Upstater

GOHL said:
Hi
Who do you take if you have to select one of them ? Any info on these players will be appreciated. I'd like to know with who in NHL we can compare them.

Thank

Neat comparison.

I am a huge Sheppard fan. I love his game. Good size, solid skater (not incredible, but decent), GREAT on-ice vision, plays at all ends, and a good leader. I'm throwing a party if he falls to the Leafs.

Okposo, I used to be not very high on, but I'm warming to him. Can't say I'd be depressed with him being selected #13 either. Good skill and power potential. I'll have to see him at UMinn, however, to make a real judgement. He's certainly rawer than Sheppard is, but he could really suprise.

I really feel Okposo is a wild-card in this draft. I can see him going anywhere from the single digits to the late teens.

Sheppard will not make it out of the lottery. I'd put money on that.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I've seen Sheppard 3 times and was impressed.

Okposo, i've only read about and from what i've read he can be pretty darn good, better than Sheppard.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
I can see both of these guys both going top ten atleast.

I love Okposo, but Sheppard is starting to make me think Ryan Getzlaf in terms of development because of his style right now and great hockey sense.

Transported Upstater

Balej's Dance said:
I can see both of these guys both going top ten atleast.

I love Okposo, but Sheppard is starting to make me think Ryan Getzlaf in terms of development because of his style right now and great hockey sense.

This is hilarious...I'm also a the biggest Getzlaf homer outside of Anaheim or the 'Dub.

I don't think Sheppard is at his level as a prospect, but I'd still love to have him. Short of Sundin (NTC, plus he's too important in Toronto) and Kaberle (we trade him, our defense is as bad as Pittsburgh's), I would give anyone else on the Leafs up for Getzlaf. Unfortunately for me, Anaheim would swiftly reject that deal...

Sheppard isn't at that level, but he could potentially reach it.

If you had brought Dustin Brown into the equation, that would be like "TransportedUpstater's future favorites...all in one list!"

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
DeuceUNO said:
I would agree with this man.

The more I hear about this kid, the more I like him. But I have a bad feeling that we're not going to get a crack at him. He seems like the kind of guy that someone's going to grab a little earlier than #9.

But you never know. We could get lucky. Just have to bide our time and wait to see how it turns out.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Wild Thing said:
The more I hear about this kid, the more I like him. But I have a bad feeling that we're not going to get a crack at him. He seems like the kind of guy that someone's going to grab a little earlier than #9.

But you never know. We could get lucky. Just have to bide our time and wait to see how it turns out.
hes one of the 2 or 3 i could see breaking up the top 6

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Sheppard just looks better than Okposo. I'm sure some team will take a chance on Okposo, and he may eventualy pass Sheppard, but I'll take a consistent no-nonsense forward over a wishy-washy one. Both have rather wicked names, though.

And the only way people can question Sheppard's heart is because he always lets it bleed out on the ice.

Transported Upstater

superroyain10 said:
Sheppard just looks better than Okposo. I'm sure some team will take a chance on Okposo, and he may eventualy pass Sheppard, but I'll take a consistent no-nonsense forward over a wishy-washy one. Both have rather wicked names, though.

And the only way people can question Sheppard's heart is because he always lets it bleed out on the ice.

GREAT quote. :clap:

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
I'm a big fan of both, but they don't seem ready for the NHL yet, as Sheppard is a power forward with long development, and Okposo's still in the USHL. When will they reach the NHL?

Gopher_Nut

Dec 8, 2005
superroyain10 said:

What's "wishy-washy" about his game? I've only seen him play once, but he looked impressive to me. He follows along with everything I've read...witch is the exact opposite of "wishy-washy".
:amazed: :amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->