Confirmed with Link: Okhotiuk to Calgary for 2024 5th

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Meh, I liked Okhotyuk, but that's fine. We have given up too many late round picks this season in deals that have done little to help us IMO so it's good to receive one.

Reactions: Melek Taus

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
The condition is the earliest 5th in the draft….

I don’t like this trade either but I get it. I do have a soft spot for Okhotiuk.
Ah. Okay. Thats a little better.

Figured it was a 2073 7th that would upgrade to a 5th if Calgary won the cup and lottery in the same year.

Reactions: Sandisfan

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Okhotiuk‘s underlying numbers where bad, even considering context. One of the few players where those numbers and the eye-test didn’t match for me.

That’s probably because he brought some Ooompf and his stickhandling and skating looked really impressive in bursts.

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
man I feel like he could have had more value if he were in a better position to succeed and made a better showing. Not that we could have put him in that position with our dreck on D.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Damn, one of our only players who wasn't afraid to throw a hit. Who the hell is gonna speak Russian with Mukh now? :confused:
I can't remember Ok hitting anybody in the NHL. I was looking forward to watching that part of his game too. Might have been one of the reasons he was traded tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad