Trade: [OKC/IND] Paul George to the Thunder

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Surprised seeing all the talk the Pacers got fleeced. I imagine teams were scared off of getting a 1 year rental. Especially since the Warriors are still a thing.

OKC gets out of the Oladipo contract and has a lesser version of their old team. I'm excited. Should be really good defensively. Roberson and George at the 2 and 3. Woo boy

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just got home to see all hell broke loose. This is crazy.

Great move by Presti. The Warriors are still on another level but I like seeing OKC take the risk here. I think this is a terrible deal for the Pacers.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well, I said some things about Presti in the Phil Jackson thread and I stand by them to a degree but this is a fantastic trade by him. Indiana's hands truly were tied, George was 100% leaving in the Summer of 2019. To get back two young pieces for him is all you can ask for.

I still don't understand the Celtics, however. They weren't willing to part with any of Jaylen Brown, Jason Taytum, or future 1st round picks from the Nets or Lakers. I get it, you're worried about George leaving next summer but if you have George and IT in tow, that most likely entices Hayward to sign with you and present the Cavs with an exceptional challenge. Now the Celtics will once again proceed to get killed by the Cavs in the playoffs if they even get that far.

Danny Ainge sitting on his hands with all his futures assets doen't get old.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
As an OKC fan I am incredibly pumped about this. PG has long been one of my favorite players and to have next to Beastbrook will be unreal. Even if he does leave the team next summer for the Lakers, one season of them two together will be fine for me. We pretty ,much gave up nothing, Oladipo wasn't as good of a fit as me and everyone else thought he'd be and maybe just maybe PG13 will change his mind.

Yet another top 15 player slips right thru Boston's fingers because of their own fault. Fail by Ainge once again. This would have been a good year to go all in too, with IT and Av Bradley needing new deals next summer.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So I kept hearing for months that Paul George was only going to go to one of 3 places, Cleveland, Lakers, or Boston. And here we are minutes from the 1st of July and George goes to.... OKC.

Unexpected to say the least.

Lakers offered the Pacers the 27&28 picks and one of Jordan Clarkson/Julius Randle - they declined and if PG13 truly wants to be a Laker next summer, why give up any significant assets?

Lost in all of this is how much easier the east got, two of the top 5 players in the conference are gone.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I think this makes the thunder the 2nd best team in the west. Unless the Spurs signed a scorer I'm unaware of right now

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Lakers offered the Pacers the 27&28 picks and one of Jordan Clarkson/Julius Randle - they declined and if PG13 truly wants to be a Laker next summer, why give up any significant assets?

Lost in all of this is how much easier the east got, two of the top 5 players in the conference are gone.

East might become easier in a sense that two teams are out of the running for the #8 seed, same difference for Cavs, it was their to lose before it is their to lose now.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
East might become easier in a sense that two teams are out of the running for the #8 seed, same difference for Cavs, it was their to lose before it is their to lose now.

This and Boston's only hope at this point is to sign Hayward, if they fail to do so then the Cavs road is wide open, yet again.

West is going to be a bloodbath :popcorn:

damn the west tho

lets assume lowry to minnesota

GSW
MIN
HOU
NO
OKC
SAS

damn

That's a bad assumption considering they signed Jeff Teague to be their PG.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
This and Boston's only hope at this point is to sign Hayward, if they fail to do so then the Cavs road is wide open, yet again.

West is going to be a bloodbath :popcorn:

That's a bad assumption considering they signed Jeff Teague to be their PG.

I didn't notice lol, too caught up in NHl free agency.

All right, we're like the 4 seed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
LeBron goes west next year.

Everything coming together for the Sixers.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Pacers better just tank. I will not be happy if we slog through a 34-48 season for 9th place. I want fewer than 20 wins.

XLJ

Jan 4, 2010
Thunder will still get swept if they meet the Warriors in the playoffs. :laugh:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ul-george-golden-state-warriors-klay-thompson

I disagree with PG13. i think the NBA would let it happen, they wold look awful if they rejected a trade because of the star power it would bring to one of them. Thompson would have been amazing value for him and the closest thing Indy would have as a replacement.

But he's making $15 million a year for another two seasons and you can't pass that up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad