OK....who will be the Best Goalie, Best D-man, Best Forward, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
HabLover said:
How many points did Ovechkin have last year?....did he light it up? I'm sure he would have been a force, but I don't think I remember him winning any awards?

How about Malkin?

Obviously Crosby played last year, but I'm not sure if either of Ovechkin or Malkin played in the WJC as 16 yr olds? Just for comparison sake.

Malkin's numbers in the 03' U18 WJC Championships were 5 goals and 4 assists in 6 games. Though he also was a +11 (which is getting back to the problem with Russia being a high scoring team)

Ovechkin's numbers for that same tourney were 9 goals and 4 assists, with a +13.

Malkin did not play in the 03' U20 WJC Championships, as he probably was 15-16ish. Ovechkin did and put up 6 goals and 1 assist.

Malkin's numbers have been pretty solid over all in his various international tourneys. Ovechkin's a tad better, but that should be expected for a kid who's farther along in his development.

If you want a more in depth look at the numbers, I'd suggest using the Russianprospects.com player profiles. They're not day to day with the current RSL scores, but are pretty reliable for the past tourneys.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Chimaera said:
Malkin's numbers in the 03' U18 WJC Championships were 5 goals and 4 assists in 6 games. Though he also was a +11 (which is getting back to the problem with Russia being a high scoring team)

Ovechkin's numbers for that same tourney were 9 goals and 4 assists, with a +13.

Malkin did not play in the 03' U20 WJC Championships, as he probably was 15-16ish. Ovechkin did and put up 6 goals and 1 assist.

Malkin's numbers have been pretty solid over all in his various international tourneys. Ovechkin's a tad better, but that should be expected for a kid who's farther along in his development.

If you want a more in depth look at the numbers, I'd suggest using the Russianprospects.com player profiles. They're not day to day with the current RSL scores, but are pretty reliable for the past tourneys.

In 03 Ovechkin at 17 was a month younger than Sid is right now.

In 03 Malkin at 16 was the same age as Sid was last year.

turnbuckle*

Captain Conservative said:
God, that is so stale.

What? You are aware of what the word stale means, I hope. If so...what is stale?

My mentioning for about the sixth time ever in this rather redundant forum that Leafer likes to overblow his prospects OR the 10,000 or so posts we've been subjected to (including 5,000 or so in the Hab forum alone) lauding Alex Stain, Carlo Cocobonk, Jay Harrison, Brendan Bell, and the other Leaf superstars to be? If you're referring to the latter, then I agree wholeheartedly. If you are suggesting that I am stale, then I might presume that you are a fool.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Why do you think that?

Oh wait, it's obvious. It's because you're a penguins homer and he's a penguins prospect. Duh.

Rabid Ranger explained it to you, but of course you've probably missed the point.
As usual.
I didn't say a word about Malkin, Bolf, Stone or anybody.
I suggested Goligoski because he was not expected to be a factor in the NCAA this young, and he's tearing it up.
He wasn't expected to be on the WJC roster either a fews months back, but now he's an obvious choice.
Yes Goligoski could continue to surprise a lot of people.
Including you it seems.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
HiggsFan said:
Top Goalthender: Jeff Glass

Top Forward: Sidney Crosby

Top defenceman: Dion Phaneuf

MVP: Sidney Crosby

All-stars:

Patrice Bergeron - Sidney Crosby - Nigel Dawes

Ryan Suter - Dion Phaneuf

Jeff Glass
Is Canada playing alone?

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
Top Forward - Gilbert Brule

Top defenceman - Jack Johnson

Top Goalie - That Brampton Battalion Kid

KariyaIsGod*

PanthersRule said:
Or maybe he's just better right now.

Well, he does have two years on the kid so that would make sense now wouldn't it...?

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
DrMoses said:
Well, he does have two years on the kid so that would make sense now wouldn't it...?

That was kinda my point ;) :D

BTW, watch out for Olesz. I predict he will be among the leaders in scoring. He is a go to guy for the Czechs, their captain, and has really stepped up his game and was promoted to I think the second line for SParta Praha (with Jan Hlavec and Netik). He had 3 goals and 5 points last year, and he was a year younger and wasn't scoring in the Czech league. I think if he plays 5 games, he could score 5+ goals and have a few assists too. He will be a force IMO.

Begeron, Ovechkin and Olesz are IMO some of the most mature players at the WJC.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Goalie: Montoya
Defense: Phaneuf
Forward: Malkin

Biggest Surprise: Rosti Olesz makes many teams regret letting him slip!

MVP: Al Montoya as he proves superiority over Schwartz.

Rask will be solid.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Barnaby said:
Defense: Phaneuf
Forward: Malkin

Biggest Surprise: Rosti Olesz makes many teams regret letting him slip!

MVP: Al Montoya as he proves superiority over Schwartz.

Rask will be solid.

Olesz only "slipped" by three teams at max. That's hardly "many".

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
markov` said:
Arguably 4... Barker is doing well but in the long run, Olesz could turn out to be a better pick.
True. Top three SHOULD'VE been Ovechkin, Malkin, Olesz. We'll see, but I think Olesz will be a better pick than Barker, especially with the way Olesz has played lately. He's playing the way he was when he was predicted to go #2 overall or even maybe #1.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Defence: Barker
Forwad: Bergeron
MVP: Bergeron

All Star Team:
Crosby Bergeron O'Sullivan
Barker Suter
Montoya

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
markov` said:
Arguably 4... Barker is doing well but in the long run, Olesz could turn out to be a better pick.

Yea, I think him and Barker were pretty even at the time, and I still do. I'm still pissed the Rangers let him slip, but if Montoya is the real deal then I can get over it.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
PanthersRule said:
True. Top three SHOULD'VE been Ovechkin, Malkin, Olesz. We'll see, but I think Olesz will be a better pick than Barker, especially with the way Olesz has played lately. He's playing the way he was when he was predicted to go #2 overall or even maybe #1.

Please tell me when and by whom was Olesz predicted to go #1 or #2 :lol
But, yes, I do agree (I'm almost sure) that he will be a better pick than Braker! He should have been #3 and ahead of Barker this year!

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
pei fan said:
Is Canada playing alone?

No. Actually, there will be quite a few countries in this tournament... including the United States, Czech Republic, Russia, Belarus, Sweden and Finland.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
HiggsFan said:
No. Actually, there will be quite a few countries in this tournament... including the United States, Czech Republic, Russia, Belarus, Sweden and Finland.

And yet you have 5 players from Canada on the 1st all-star team? Just for historical reference, that has never happened, for any country, at the WJCs.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
bossy22 said:
Who does everyone think will bring home the;

Best Goaltender: Marek Schwarz

Best D-man: Dion Phaneuf

Best Forward: Alexander Ovechkin

MVP: Patrice Bergeron

1st All-Star team:
Ovechkin Crosby Bergeron
Phaneuf Suter
Schwarz

Picked 5 out of 6 for the 1st Team All Stars.

If anyone needs a hand with this weeks NFL winners or the lotto #s just let me know. :D

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
bossy22 said:

If anyone needs a hand with this weeks NFL winners or the lotto #s just let me know. :D
*SLAP* Crosby....what were you thinking :)

I didn't pick in this but I do remmber saying Schwarz would be top goaltender and Bergeron leading scorer for Canada....Schwarz was to win thew MVP though :(

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
bossy22 said:

And if Crosby was given full icetime I'd guess you would have been 6 for 6.Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad