OK, so which of Crosby, Latendresse, Vlasic, Staal, Brule gets invited for Canada?

KaptainKourage*

Why in hell Pittsburgh would let Crosby play while they are still fighting for a playoff spot.

Latendresse might if Higgins is back. Brule is likely imo

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I guess the invitations are almost automatic, aren't they? Well, maybe not for Brule given their summer camp rule. But I don't know if any of them are all that likely to go, though... definitely not Crosby or Latendresse, anyway, and just from the outside I'd have thought Staal and Vlasic were entrenched enough that they wouldn't be candidates either. :dunno:

Little Nilan

Oct 29, 2006
Praha
Latendresse won't go to the WJC, it's been made clear by management. Besides, he's progressed himself up to the first line...

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
none will be on the team IMO. Team Canada is very good as is, there not in desparate need of quality players from the NHL, there team is going to very hard to pick as is.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
none will be on the team IMO. Team Canada is very good as is, there not in desparate need of quality players from the NHL, there team is going to very hard to pick as is.

The funny part is, when you look at the above mentioned players, none of them are even returning players from last year.

Vlasic would be nice addition, even though the defence is pretty strong otherwise.

Brule and Staal would be nice to add as well, but the depth this year at forward is pretty good, so they should be alright without them.

Obviously never in a million years would Crosby be invited, even though he is eligible by age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->