OK.....so how many days do you pack the 28 games into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brindfan

Sep 20, 2004
Front Range of CO
CarlRacki said:
As for number of days, I say use both March and April. With no real camp or pre-season, most guys won't be anywhere near in shape to go 28 games in 45 days.

I thought there would be a two week camp? Plus there are a lot of players coming in from Europe already in playing shape.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just so everyone knows, the last lockout-shortened-season ended on May 4 (about) then the playoffs.

The players aren't going to accept anything less than 55 days, and nor should they. Theis is NHL hockey, you don't play 3 games in 4 nights from beginning to end, even for 28 days.

In fact 55 days seems a little tight even. If they need to shave some more time off the season, they can always shorten the playoffs a bit. Make the first round best of 5.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
One thing I would like to see in the playoffs is games back to back, then 1 travel day, then back to back once again in the other city, instead of 1 on and one off...If you are already there then play 2 in 3 days in each city so the first four games take 6 days not 8...

Spooner

Feb 26, 2004
Oh, here and there
Yeah, like everyone's saying, 28 games mean every game, every period matters. This is the best and only way to make the regular season. People may doubt the validity of the championship afterwards, but ain't no man going to doubt the excitement this will allow for the regular season. Even my Penguins have a chance to get hot early and make the playoffs. I'm ecstatic, this is going to be awesome (God forbid the rumors are false).

Donnie D

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Spooner said:
Yeah, like everyone's saying, 28 games mean every game, every period matters. This is the best and only way to make the regular season. People may doubt the validity of the championship afterwards, but ain't no man going to doubt the excitement this will allow for the regular season. Even my Penguins have a chance to get hot early and make the playoffs. I'm ecstatic, this is going to be awesome (God forbid the rumors are false).

At least 60 days, which is why I think they cut down to 24 games. While 1/2 the players are in game shape, the rest aren't. You don't want someone getting hurt playing too often.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If it's to be home and home series... I say 4 games (2 series) per week... bringing us up to 7 weeks and 49 days. Start on March 6th, end April 23rd. Start the playoffs April 26th. Compressed playoff schedule. The only days off are travel days... so 11 days maximum per round with 2 days off between if needed. Obviously, this might not be possible with arena schedules... if it's 7 weeks, then they'll be done in the 2nd week of June.

Jazz

Tawnos said:
If it's to be home and home series... I say 4 games (2 series) per week... bringing us up to 7 weeks and 49 days. Start on March 6th, end April 23rd. Start the playoffs April 26th. Compressed playoff schedule. The only days off are travel days... so 11 days maximum per round with 2 days off between if needed. Obviously, this might not be possible with arena schedules... if it's 7 weeks, then they'll be done in the 2nd week of June.
I like it from the perspective that those from the teams that don't make the playoffs have a chance to go to the World Championships that start on April 30th....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad