OK.....so how many days do you pack the 28 games into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Just pack the games into an alternating schedule. On, off, on, off etc.

If the season starts March 1st, then the regular season would end in April. Playoffs would start in May, and depending on how many games each series goes, would end late May, or at the latest early June.

A Good Flying Bird*

Brindfan said:
45??? 40??? or less???

I say, the fewer days, the better. 28 games in 35 days. I don't want to see a SCF series in July.

This short, short season is going to be a blessing in disguise.

Every game is going to be a battle for a playoff spot.
It's like we're 55 games into the season, and everyone is tied.
The games are going to be very intense. Even a Nashville-Columbus tilt will draw interest. And frankly, that's just not the case in an 82 game season.
It's going to be great hockey, right up until the end.

I wonder what they'll do for a trade deadline.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Brindfan said:
45??? 40??? or less???

I say, the fewer days, the better. 28 games in 35 days. I don't want to see a SCF series in July.

Thats crazy!! The playoffs could start around May 10th giving them around 60 days for 28 games. I don't care if the finals are in July. Its not like I have anything better to do.

Anthony*

yea the ice in july will be really bad compared to the ice in june right

OilKiller

Feb 1, 2005
canadatv.invisionzone.com
Newsguyone said:

The games are going to be very intense. Even a Nashville-Columbus tilt will draw interest. And frankly, that's just not the case in an 82 game season.

:yo: :yo: :yo:

velimiiro

Newsguyone said:

j0r smart

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Newsguyone said:

I agree....be prepared for 4 months of playoff hockey.

I'm excited as hell.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
I'm so insanely pumped for this season now. Every team has a shot to hoist the cup now... Can you imagine if by some ungodly fluke the Pens hoisted it, Lemieux retires... the NHL needs all the good stories it can get and i've got a sick, sick feeling this season is going to be one of the best ever.

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Newsguyone said:

I agree. Just dont get why so many think this season will lack "integrity". How many times have we heard players say "too many games", that they "cant turn it on for every game"

well, this will be ON all the time.

If you look at the original schedule, the avg team was already going to play about 20/21 games after Mar.1. So really, we only need two more weeks after the Apr8 date to have a 28 game season.

But I would have preferred a 5game series to start the playoffs, at least for one round.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
JOrtmeyer41 said:
Will their be a waiver draft or a trade deadline this year??

I hope there's no trades allowed once the season starts. The last thing we need is teams being forced to make salary dump decisions after 15 games.

As for number of days, I say use both March and April. With no real camp or pre-season, most guys won't be anywhere near in shape to go 28 games in 45 days.

A Good Flying Bird*

CarlRacki said:
I hope there's no trades allowed once the season starts. The last thing we need is teams being forced to make salary dump decisions after 15 games.

As for number of days, I say use both March and April. With no real camp or pre-season, most guys won't be anywhere near in shape to go 28 games in 45 days.

Well, the Wings are within $2.5M of the cap now, and they still don't have Datsyuk, and RFA, in the fold. Nor did they sign Chelios or Schneider. I doubt they'll be able to. Unless they have the ability to move some guys around.
I don't see how a salary cap ends salary dumps.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Newsguyone said:
Well, the Wings are within $2.5M of the cap now, and they still don't have Datsyuk, and RFA, in the fold. Nor did they sign Chelios or Schneider. I doubt they'll be able to. Unless they have the ability to move some guys around.
I don't see how a salary cap ends salary dumps.

If they need to make deals to get under the cap, they can do it before the season starts. Also, don't forget teams have the ability to restructure deals. Nothing would stop them from asking Lidstrom to defer a couple million this year to create cap space for Chelios (though I don't know why you'd want him back) or Schneider.
The cap won't end salary dumps, I just don't think it's fair to put teams in the position of having to make those choices after what would normally be about 15 percent of a season. Also, deadline deals will be much tougher under a cap because the good teams, for the most part, won't have much cap space to add big-name guys.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
CarlRacki said:
If they need to make deals to get under the cap, they can do it before the season starts. Also, don't forget teams have the ability to restructure deals. Nothing would stop them from asking Lidstrom to defer a couple million this year to create cap space for Chelios (though I don't know why you'd want him back) or Schneider.
The cap won't end salary dumps, I just don't think it's fair to put teams in the position of having to make those choices after what would normally be about 15 percent of a season. Also, deadline deals will be much tougher under a cap because the good teams, for the most part, won't have much cap space to add big-name guys.

Good management should keep some room to acquire a guy that would fill their needs and push them to the top. I could see teams with $40M in payroll at the start of the year to add up to $5M more before the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad