Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
I'm sick and tired of this gameless week, and I'm ready for some ****ing buzz and excitement

God willing it spreads to the team

who's got a theme in mind? If somebody comes up with something decent in the next 12 hours, I'll commit my life to it and come up with an okay GDT, so come on you bastards, let's get hyped!!!!

A few theme ideas:
- Rick and Morty
- Oktoberfest
- Something around the movie Speed related to McDavid
- Keanu Reeves movies
- Top Gear

That's all I've got early on a Saturday morning.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Ottawa coming off a high in a 6-0 win and the Oilers coming off an extreme low with almost a week to think about their failure. This spells great win for the Oilers but we shall see

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Here are some theme ideas from my b list:

-more cowbell
-leather and milk
-melting permafrost
-pauley shore
-mad magazine center page
-how steel is made
-hitler
-etc.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Hope they don't come out flat. Don't want to fall behind against the Boucher trap.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Ottawa coming off a high in a 6-0 win and the Oilers coming off an extreme low with almost a week to think about their failure. This spells great win for the Oilers but we shall see
Does it? Confidence is huge in hockey and Ottawa will have a ton and the Oilers have none right now. Going to need to withstand a first period storm cause the team will take a period to get up to game speed again.

As long as Talbot can stand on his head to start we good.

Ottawa is a good team, they were a goal away from beating the Penguins and making the Stanley Cup final.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Good teams don't take other teams likely because they won the last game. Don't think Ottawa will let off the gas unless they are exhausted.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I might be in the minority, but I like LD being out. Really want to see who else can step up on this team.

Yes the simple answer was to put him on line 2 and spread the wealth, but lets see who else on this team can drive the offense on a line.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I might be in the minority, but I like LD being out. Really want to see who else can step up on this team.

Yes the simple answer was to put him on line 2 and spread the wealth, but lets see who else on this team can drive the offense on a line.

Interested in seeing that as well but not sure what we will see. Some guys really have to step it up but I'm wondering if we see another dynamic game from McD where he moves mountains. I would prefer it come from everywhere else in the lineup. We have a lot of non stellar starts throughout the lineup.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I'd feel a lot better about this game if Anderson wasn't coming off a shutout and we weren't missing Drai.

Draisaitl out of the lineup allows the Oilers an excuse if they lose. If they don't win, lose to Carolina and go into the eastern road trip 1-5 the season could be over by November again...just like we remember

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'd feel a lot better about this game if Anderson wasn't coming off a shutout and we weren't missing Drai.

From what I gathered in the Calgary game Condon will get the start tonight against the Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->