Proposal: Oilers Super Team

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Since the news of Jim Rutherford stepping down as Penguins GM and listening to insiders talk about the future's of Crosby, Malkin, and Letang, it got me thinking:

Could it be possible we add all 3? *Crazy I know* but hear me out.

We've got just under $25m in cap space for next year. If we can get rid of Koskinen, Archibald, Russell, that'll bring us to just under $32m w/o bringing in any money.

The combined cap hits of all 3 are $25,450,000, leaving just under $6.5m in cap space if they were brought in.
Malkin and Letang will be in the last years of their contracts next season, while Crosby still has 4 years left after this season.

The only question is, what do we give up? If we can re-sign Nuge and include him, I'd be willing to do that. Add in the '22 1st rounder. More picks? Prospects?

Having Crosby-McDavid on line 1, with Malkin-Draisaitl on line 2... bruh.

McDavid - Crosby - JP/Kahun
Malkin - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Benson - Haas - McLeod

Klefbom - Letang
Nurse - Bear
Jones - Bouchard

Grubauer?
Konovalov

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
giphy.gif

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So lets say Nuge+22 1st+ prospect got us Letang, what are we giving up for Malkin? Crosby?

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Since the news of Jim Rutherford stepping down as Penguins GM and listening to insiders talk about the future's of Crosby, Malkin, and Letang, it got me thinking:

Could it be possible we add all 3? *Crazy I know* but hear me out.

We've got just under $25m in cap space for next year. If we can get rid of Koskinen, Archibald, Russell, that'll bring us to just under $32m w/o bringing in any money.

The combined cap hits of all 3 are $25,450,000, leaving just under $6.5m in cap space if they were brought in.
Malkin and Letang will be in the last years of their contracts next season, while Crosby still has 4 years left after this season.

The only question is, what do we give up? If we can re-sign Nuge and include him, I'd be willing to do that. Add in the '22 1st rounder. More picks? Prospects?

Having Crosby-McDavid on line 1, with Malkin-Draisaitl on line 2... bruh.

McDavid - Crosby - JP/Kahun
Malkin - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Neal - Turris - Kassian
Benson - Haas - McLeod

Klefbom - Letang
Nurse - Bear
Jones - Bouchard

Grubauer?
Konovalov
MatureImperfectAfricanjacana-size_restricted.gif

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
1. Nuge + 1st + prospect for Letang
2. Letang + JP for Malkin
3. Malkin +Broberg for Crosby
4. Crosby for Letang + Malkin
5. Chiasson for Crosby
I was scratching my head after 2. Then at 4 I actually realized what you're doing. Then 5 erased 1-4 and I'm left yelling SOLD!

Reactions: Chabot84 and Cloned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad