Oilers Stats with and Without McDavid

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Is there any published stats of Oilers players stats while playing on a line with McDavid and while playing on another line?
This is the closest thing I'm aware of: Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

It appears to focus on advanced stats (corsi, fenwick, expected goals for/against) rather than actual point production. Maybe this is helpful, though. And if you click around and find the basics (scoring stats with and without), please let us know.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Natural St
This is the closest thing I'm aware of: Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

It appears to focus on advanced stats (corsi, fenwick, expected goals for/against) rather than actual point production. Maybe this is helpful, though. And if you click around and find the basics (scoring stats with and without), please let us know.
You can get the stats indirectly for specific players off of Natural Stats trick. For example for this year 5 vs 5 if you want to know about Leon you can look here:

Of Leon's 26 goals and 28 assists 5 vs 5 9 of his assists and 3 of his goals were with McDavid on the ice. But I don't think they have basic scoring stats with and without compiled in one location anywhere that I am aware of.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

PROGFAN66

Feb 10, 2019
I know the Oilers have a losing record without McDavid. I think McDavid was on ice for every goal for four straight playoff games. Mind you hockey players unlike basketball or soccer players don't play the majority of the game so it's even more impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad