TSN: Oilers sign UDFA Colin Larkin

North

Jun 25, 2009
My bad. I remembered him being more of a tweener BCHL prospect at the time of his draft, and couldn’t think of some of the names from the numerous times the Oilers have gone for a stroll in the BCHL and went off board in a draft selection.

All in all I’m not so against the signing. It just concerns me as it continues his trend of strolling through an even lower tier to find guys to fill higher spots (ala the numerous career AHLers last July 1, when we needed guys who could realistically threaten to play a real role in the NHL). I’ll be happy to be proven wrong, but I’m having a hard time believing this move has much hope bearing fruit.

The really bad picks were guys like Cameron Abney and Troy Hesketh. No reason to pick them whatsoever.

At least Larkin seems to have some tools in his toolbox.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
This signing seems to be a necessity for something or somebody else. A business or maybe personal favor or...

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It's one year and it's minimal risk. If he turns out great, if not, maybe he helps in the AHL where we also need help.

He could be found money.

I'm not convinced he'll be something, but I'm willing to wait and see.
I doubt he will even help out the AHL

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Larkin named Div III player of the year...

While looking for Oilers lines tonight on Jack Michaels' Twitter account, I saw this tweet from the other day. Seeing how this thread hasn't had a post in two weeks, thought I'd add it.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg

Larkin named Div III player of the year...

While looking for Oilers lines tonight on Jack Michaels' Twitter account, I saw this tweet from the other day. Seeing how this thread hasn't had a post in two weeks, thought I'd add it.

This thread probably hasn't had any posts because another genius Chia signing is somehow failing to meet even the lowest of expectations:

6 GP, 0-0-0, 2 PIM, +1.

I hate to rag on D3 players very clearly playing above their heads, but why on earth is this team wasting contract spots on them?

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
This thread probably hasn't had any posts because another genius Chia signing is somehow failing to meet even the lowest of expectations:

6 GP, 0-0-0, 2 PIM, +1.

I hate to rag on D3 players very clearly playing above their heads, but why on earth is this team wasting contract spots on them?

Maybe wait to see him play in the AHL? The end of this season is a small sample size.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Got his first point yesterday an assist. IMO we won't get a good read on him until next season since the step up in play is HUGE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad