Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Joel Persson (D)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
What's everyone's guesses on floor and ceiling?

My pessimistic, management-hating, know-nothing-about-the-player FLOOR prediction: Philip Larsen
My hopeful, rose-coloured lens, overvaluing-in-hopes-of-striking-gold CEILING prediction: Torey Krug

I know nothing about him but the Swedes I know are saying be careful with his projections as he has spent most of his time in lower ranks of the Swedish leagues and my guys suggest Swedish league 1 and 2 are on the level of the ECHL--I have seen 2 League 1 games and did not think it was that bad--but it was a game between two of the better clubs

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I know nothing about him but the Swedes I know are saying be careful with his projections as he has spent most of his time in lower ranks of the Swedish leagues and my guys suggest Swedish league 1 and 2 are on the level of the ECHL--I have seen 2 League 1 games and did not think it was that bad--but it was a game between two of the better clubs
That's what the Vaxjo guys thought when he was signed, but Persson ended up being their best dman and one of the top dmen in the SHL. I'm not going to blow expectations out of proportion, but this guy is the best dman on the top team in the SHL. It's not like signing a guy directly out of Div 1 or 2.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
This perrson kid played with Elias petersson eh?
It shows that this d man has potential and can play with elite level.
He will help the oilers. Shelter him, power play him.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
This perrson kid played with Elias petersson eh?
It shows that this d man has potential and can play with elite level.
He will help the oilers. Shelter him, power play him.
Is this signing confirmed or still a rumor ??

as for playing on a stacked team and a player like Petersson, not sure if that is a positive. He could very well be the Ty Rattie of that league.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
Hey, I have a background in Swedish.

It's actually Pe-a-rex (the x is an assumed sound by locals) zee-on-tttt(just keep clicking those t's) nex (another invisible x), followed by a sort of hiccup noise at the end.

So, Pe-a-rex-zee-on-tttt-nex-uhnn.

Hope that helps.
This was written by a moose

Reactions: ujju2

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Is this signing confirmed or still a rumor ??

as for playing on a stacked team and a player like Petersson, not sure if that is a positive. He could very well be the Ty Rattie of that league.

I'm pretty sure Rattie hasn't been the second highest scoring defenseman in a professional league before.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

Oilers will have his RFA rights next summer.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So basically just to get his rights, which is actually an interesting outside-the-box move.
So what are the financial implications and why would a player do this?

Am I safe to assume he's probably getting some sort of signing bonus?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->